Black People Politics : Black man, how does it feel to be a problem, a victim of war?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Enki, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    There's a war going on as we all should, and do know, and no black man is safe from the institutional, systematic, or blatant racism committed against them. We are more likely to be racially profiled, stopped, frisked, arrested, prosecuted, and jailed more than any other demographic in this nation. Whites don't share the same misfortune for committing the same crime.

Reagan's war on drugs failed, but the war on us is winning. And lets be honest, the so called "war on drugs" was a subliminal effort by the government to push back the progression of black Americans. Plain and simple. It's been called the new Jim Crow because of the way it functions to imprison people, mainly us.

also this:

Since birth, black men in this country have been shackled with the burden of institutional racism built deep within this country's constitution

Peace!

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    And .... this is why I call for ... in part ... studying law which includes applying what you learn.

This also doubles as an education.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace

All of the so called 'wars' mentioned are nothing more than modern day "black codes".

4. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    And we know what many of those were. Even though the Pacific NW didn't have slavery, it did however have it's share of black codes.

Here is some videos you may already have, but if not, I think you and others will find them informative. This brutha was dead on, the part about labeling our kids hit home with me for the very reasons he talks about.

Peace!

5. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Didn't you and I discuss this once, or was our discussion about accounting? But anyway, I agree.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    What's new?

Nubians been under attack since the Khemites invaded c. 2900 BC.

The Struggle Continues..,

7. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Looking at our numbers that are behind bars, the word hasn't gotten around. So how long can we keep this up?

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I don't know how to answer except to say not much longer, but what really are the factor for the lock up?

How much of it had to do with black on black crime, gang activity, self destructive tendencies?

Are we to find solutions by claiming victimization by outsiders while we engage in our own self destruction?

Nah. Just look around. Many of us still claim God is a woman leaving virtually zero God energy or Warrior Spirit left among us brothers so the extermination of the Black Man continues till we seek to exist. Those of us who say the Black Man is God never confront how this got best down to the point of being effeminized.

Later. I'm just gonna start burying my head in my books and my earphones cuz this victimization critique has worn thin.

9. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I agree, what are the factors? We can't overlook the racial disparities that afflicts our race when it comes to the justice system. We now constitute nearly 1 million of the total 2.3 million incarcerated population, and we are incarcerated at almost 6 times the rate of whites. According to Unlocking America, if blacks and Hispanics were incarcerated at the same rates of whites, the prison and jail populations would decline by approximately 50%.

Unlocking America.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=http://www.jfa-associates.com/publications/srs/UnlockingAmerica.pdf&ei=t-AOUfk36ZKIAtj-gdAJ&usg=AFQjCNH0BsQ7Cp-idqNcOC9_V8_gYe-efQ&sig2=OyKPuOgnEMMyULjYnyluxg&bvm=bv.41867550,d.cGE&cad=rja

No, I know many are there because they belong there. But we can't overlook that there is a concerted effort to put us there. For example, whites are using drugs about 5 times as much as blacks, yet blacks are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of whites. Now why is that?

Well that is your right to ignore what is in front of you. But before you do, just look at some of the contributing factors.

1) Inner city crime prompted by social and economic isolation
    2) Get tough on crime, and war on drugs policies that is mainly directed at us.
    3) Mandatory minimum sentencing, especially disparities in sentencing for crack and powder cocaine possession. For example In 2002, blacks constituted more than 80% of the people sentenced for crack cocaine, and served more time than did whites. Despite that fact that more whites use crack cocaine than blacks.
    4) More black children (over 35% I think) grades 7-12 have been suspended or expelled at some point in their school careers compared to 20% of Hispanics and 15% of whites

To say that these and other things don't play a part in what is happening to us is just wishing not to face it.

Peace!

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    we ARE victims of the system of white supremacy. self destruction is one of the symptoms.
    the solution is to SEE the self destruction as a SYMPTOM and turn away from self destructive impulses.

peace