MANHOOD
when considering the common good
of the BLACK FAMILY
in this repressive society

YES

then we've failed our family
...and our community
Who is this "they" that you speak of?

There was a survey done by some group, back in 2000/2001. I was living in Colorado at the time. I read about the survey in a magazine. The survey took place in Mississippi...and surveyed x-number of single mothers, I believe. Over seventy-percent of those women (black women) said the black man had failed them. Being from Mississippi, initially, I took offense with that. However, after reading more...and doing some research, it moved me to write a series of poems about it.

"They," in this case, was a group of our sisters...who, because of their circumstances, felt that we had failed them.

There was a survey done by some group, back in 2000/2001. I was living in Colorado at the time. I read about the survey in a magazine. The survey took place in Mississippi...and surveyed x-number of single mothers, I believe. Over seventy-percent of those women (black women) said the black man had failed them. Being from Mississippi, initially, I took offense with that. However, after reading more...and doing some research, it moved me to write a series of poems about it.

"They," in this case, was a group of our sisters...who, because of their circumstances, felt that we had failed them.
I am tired of hearing this BS. I heard it on the bus last night! A Sister said there were no good men. I asked who was the first teachers of these men you speak of. She didn't want to have that discussion.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back