Black People : Black Cops

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by karmashines, Jun 17, 2005.

1. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Are black cops just as bad as white cops when it comes to pulling over innocent blacks and treating them badly?

2. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    some are and some arent. Some assimilate and some follow the proctetorat

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    we do have some black cops that will treat you just as bad as white cops would

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Based on my personal experiences, they are just as bad, if not worse in some cases!

5. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Back in my less enlightened days, I used to hate dealing with black cops.

Most are definately worse with the disrespect, plus they are much harder to fool.
    They're also stronger than white cops.

While a white cop will stop and call for back-up before chasing you or hopping a fence, a black cop will chase your behind through alleys, over fences, up trees, through traffic...and call you a "niggga" all the while.

Some of them bruthaz had no mercy.

Even when it comes to traffic violations, usually with a white cop, saying a lot of "sirs" and acting like you didn't know you were violating the rules might get you out of a ticket.

It never worked with a black cop, for me atleast.

Black cops also like to flirt a lot.

....with YOUR woman!

....while you're in the care with her!

But even in all of that, I always felt better and a little more secure with a black officer around.

I don't trust an all white group of cops because they all seem to have an understanding among eachother.

In Detroit, the former mayor Colemen Young used to have a policy that 2 white police officers weren't allowed to ride together.

It either had to be black and white, or black and black, but never 2 whites.

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    100 Blacks in Law Enforcement Who Care...

Not all African American police officers are bad... In fact, I think there are a good number of them who save a lot of brothers some lumps by just being the arresting officer in a lot of cases when brothers are just plain wilding...

I've seen a young Black officer go to great pains to subdue a young brother, a high school student, who didn't wanna stand still for what was going to be just a stern lecture... Wasn't anything serious until the brother dissed the officer, and then more serious action had to be taken...

Here in my city, Lt. Eric Adams of 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement Who Care, catches a lot of flak from top police officials for taking strong positions against White officers who, either, shoot and kill or brutalize Black and Latino people... He and Lt. Anthony Miranda of the LATINO Officers Asssociation have been instrumental in getting the NYPD to change policy in that regard, as well as getting city politicians to make changes in how Blacks and Latinos are recruited and tested for the NYPD... Hey, I think so highly of these cats I actually volunteered to help them distribute their literature...

Fact is, African people need to, number one, reward brothers and sisters for their conscientious efforts toward doing the right thing by our communities, and second, we need to develope relationships which can help us should we get into some static with these police departments... These brothers and sisters' jobs are hard enough without us putting them in the middle between warring factions, our communities and the agencies they work for. It is only human nature to go with THAT which puts food on your table in a situation like that... Hence, we get them knucklehead brothes y'all are talking about... Yo, I aint no lover of Police, either, but I think brothers who remain conscientious in the face of all of that opposition from within, should get some love and support from me... It is only right and just...

Peace!
    Isaiah

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Black cops are the same, but they are worse at the same time...if that makes any sense. To me they act the same, but they are worse because they'd rather identify with white cops than black civilians. They always have to show out in front of their daddy. To me, once you put on that uniform, you're no longer a color. You're just a smelly, digusting insecure pig, and I have no love or respect for any of them...black or white.

8. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    a cop is a cop is a cop is a judge is a fireman is a president is a white-washer of king tut. all of it is bs. all of it is poisoning the planet. all of it is killing people. all of it is wrong. but if you've done their educational system, you can't see it, so ...

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I feel good not being in Jacksonville at the moment, but I will tell you that Black Cops in the City of Jacksonville are HORRIBLE! :bam:
    :skillet:
    :spank:

CD

10. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hotep,

From one black cop to the family:

Not every cop is the same. I’m here for you at the same time don’t disrespect me because at the end of the day I still have a job to do just like you. Being a cop, policeman or whatever you may call it is just another job. Serving and protecting the innocent as well as the guilty. My heart goes out to those who have been wronged by crocked cops. Nothing I hate more then a crocked black cop.

IN conclusion be careful in your traveling and don’t break the speed limit because that cop you acting a fool with might just be me!

Ase’

Mekka al-Alim
    The adaptive name of Soulja’