Black People : Black Man Shot 8 Times In The Back by Cops!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SpiritualONE, Mar 15, 2004.

1. SpiritualONE

SpiritualONE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48
  2. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
  3. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I couldn't pull up the article. :confused:

4. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
  5. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48
  6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I couldn't read the article either, but this is a continual, growing, and disturbing trend. A little over a month ago, a young man in New York City (Timothy Stansbury) was shot & killed by a cop. The cop was on patrol on the roof with his gun drawn. The young man opened the door of the roof to go to a party in another building, and the "started" cop shot him by accident. Even the police commissioner of NYC called the shooting unjustified, yet the officer was never even brought to trial. Every year there are national reports of police shooting unarmed black men. These reports range from the unspeakable sensational stories like the Diallo case, to the hundreds which only make local news reports.

These types of accidents are happening too often to young unarmed black men (in some cases even to black women). This is something that effects all of us, as we are all only a traffic stop away from being a news report ourselves. We need to start protesting in the streets against police brutality, and unjustified killings. We have to be organized against it, and show it for the crime that it is. Every case that we as a community let die, ensures that there will be any police shooting of an unarmed black man. We have to hold the police accountable for their actions.

7. SpiritualONE

Ratings:
    +48

Panafrica,

I agree with you 100%! Unarmed black men (and even women) are being killed all over this country and it's time we put a stop to this BLATANT genocide.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    "it's time we put a stop to this blatant genocide"

How do we make them stop killing us? Not to take this off topic, but we are having trouble stopping us from killing us ... how are we to keep them from killing us?

:heart:

Destee

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    The high number of black on black crime is a tragedy. However it is not comparable to blacks being murdered without cause, or provocation, by the very people who are suppose to be protecting them (the police). These police shooting of unarmed blacks must be stopped, and the only way it will be is by sending these "rogue" cops to prison. As long as these officers continue to be either aquitted or not even brought to trial, then these "accidental" shootings will continue. We have to put pressure on the courts to jail these individuals. If necessary we have to sue the DA, judge, or anyone involved. Often we are not as powerless as we believe.

10. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    It so terrible that they feel they can slay us like animals. It's even worse the way the Judicial System can sweep it under the rug without any resistance. This is the reason why I can not shed one tear when a cop goes down. As sad as it is to say that, it's the truth. I know there are some good ones out there that want to make a difference, but there are way too many who aren't. Cops are one of our biggest enemies and I've never respected them at all. That really shows you how much we are to this racist country. Nothing more than animals who can be gunned down at the convenience of the police force with judges and D.A. to back them and make them look like heroes.