Black People : Black Man Shot 8 Times In The Back by Cops!

"PA" said one thing that stood out to me in this forum;
"We are not as powerless as we believe."
That says it all.

In yesterdays State Times, it was stated that the family is sueing.
Last year a woman called the police on her son who was fighting with her; he was retarded...the police shot and killed this young boy-he was a teenager. Some in the community have said that they got what they deserved; they should have not called in the police... in the meetings that we have started; some have said that they will not call the police ever again. I have no love for the police; because of all the atrocities that they cause; but what are we to do about the criminal element of OUR OWN African-American family who terrorize US? Do We handle it like some Asian communities do?

In Boston it is known that they go out at night and "get" their own kind. I never saw these things with my own eyes but I have been told the stories by people who I do not think will make it up; as to them seeing the "gangs" go in and make corrections to the problems, etc... no police or anything is ever called in...so they are defacto judge and jury...but how do we limit a thing like that? I mean, what parameters will have to be met to make that viable...? Who says who gets a "beat down"?

What infractions upon the community...things like rape, killing, and probably burglary come to mind... but I am afraid of the person who comes in and want to "get" someone who spit on the sidewalk....

I don't know what to do. But, I will reiterate once again that We have to take Our families and Our children in hand. Get the Police Out of their lives...some kind of way...this is GENOCIDE... We can STop It.

By the way, I probably dislike Black Police more than White Police; because they, to me, are a part of the Destruction and are the weak end of that horrendous chain...but to be fair the Black Police Organization seem to be a decent group of Black Men(?)

So, what do We do?

I have no love for the police; because of all the atrocities that they cause; but what are we to do about the criminal element of OUR OWN African-American family who terrorize US? Do We handle it like some Asian communities do? In Boston it is known that they go out at night and "get" their own kind. I never saw these things with my own eyes but I have been told the stories by people who I do not think will make it up; as to them seeing the "gangs" go in and make corrections to the problems, etc... no police or anything is ever called in...so they are defacto judge and jury...but how do we limit a thing like that? I mean, what parameters will have to be met to make that viable...? Who says who gets a "beat down"? So, what do We do?

Interesting question Happy69. Do we police our own? Has our mistrust of police, and the abuse we often suffer from their hands driven us to this? I don't know how far we can take this. However, I do agree that to a certain extent we might very well have to start addressing known criminals in our communities. Start pressuring their families, shunning them to a certain extent. What better way to improve our neighborhoods?

I wrote this about 3 years ago:

When it comes to confidence in the police, Blacks feel that their rights aren't equally protected and this is verified by a 1997 and 1999 Gallup Poll. In the 1997 poll, only 39% of Blacks had a high level of confidence in police. There is some confidence in most police, it just isn't strong enough to qualify as being equaled to the feelings among White citizens. Source: "(Crime, A Serious American Problem"), Editors; Jacquelyn F. Quinn, B.A., Mark A. Siegel, Ph.D., and Nancy R. Jacobs, M.A. page 161.

The reason confidence in the police is even lower today is because of police brutality. As an example, please consider the following evidence:

Consider the case of Amadou Diallo. Here was model Black immigrant reaching for his keys, and 4 cops shot 41 rounds, hitting Mr. Diallo 19 times. Was that kind of force necessary? This occurred in New York City. The cops were found to be innocent of the charges. The Diallo family was denied justice.

Consider the case of Tyisha Miller. Here was a Black woman sleeping in her car when she was awakened by a cop breaking her window. The cops alleged that she reached for a gun. Nineteen shots were fired and Tyisha Miller was killed . This occurred in Riverside CA. The Miller family was denied justice.

Consider the case of Johnnie Gammage. Here is a model Black citizen driving an expensive jaguar when he is stopped, and killed for an alleged traffic violation. No weapon was found. This occurred in a suburb of Pittsburgh. The shock of it all is the fact that the cop responsible for Johnnie Gammage death was promoted. The Gammage family was denied justice.

Consider the case of Malice Green. Here is a black citizen being stopped for an alleged traffic violation, and is killed when cops stop him. Mr. Green was beaten to death with a flashlight. This occurred in Detroit Michigan. With public support behind the green family, two cops went to prison.

Consider the case of LaTanya Haggerty. A passenger who is shot and killed by cops who allegedly mistakes her cellular phone for a weapon. This occurred in Chicago.

Lastly, a young football star for Northwestern University, named Robert Anthony Russ is shot and killed during a traffic stop. The officers allege that he was driving erratic. This occurred in Chicago.

I could go on endlessly naming Blacks who are victims of excessive force. The fact of the matter is that *they were guilty of "Driving while Black"!*

Driving while Black is a term that many Afrikans have become accustomed to because the designation DWB implies that you don't have to be doing anything wrong when you're stopped by the cops. All you have to be is "Black" and driving an expensive car. You can be "Black" and driving through a White neighborhood. You can be "young and Black" and be stopped for nothing. You can just be driving at a late hour and be guilty of Driving while "Black". Being Black means that you will be stopped and harassed simply because you are targeted by cops across this nation as being crime proned.

Spiritual One:
I know about all of those cases accept 1. You are right.... knowing the evidence no one with the capacity to think, even marginally, can come to any other conclusion.

So, again, how do We protect Ourselves?

Again, not only on the streets. But in Our Own Homes.
I have never had any problem with the police; To my knowledge, I know of no one in my family or circle who have been jailed or had "BAD" experiences; but I do not trust them--at all.

First and foremost, We have to come up with a weapon to fight this. Those millions that are given after they Kill someone...does not make up the lost life.
The courts are not a weapon! The courts are unfair and in some cases purely and supremely racist. On Tavis Smiley the other night Mark Warberg was talking of this and inferred the racism that belies the system... he had been arrested at least 30 times in his life; the last time when he almost killed someone... No one was throwing away his obvious THUGGISH LIFE.

Yet, WE readily HELP TO DESTROY Our Own kids. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing the bad, heinous behavior that some of Our Youth and Grown folk do---Some of them need to be killed. I am talking of all the ones We help destroy because of petty theft, drug addiction, and other minor infractions that MOST OF OUR OWN are jailed for. And then, the perpetrators of these CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY have the gall to ask; Why African-Americans are 10 times more likely to be in jail/prison than Whites?

Well that is simple you are putting them there on trumped up and bogus claims... and there is a certain kind of NASTY NEGRO who does the same... and then call that being different; You are not different, you are a DOG.

I hear it said, "African-Americans don't want policing in their communities."
That is a Liar's Lie.
African-Americans don't want police harrassment and brutality in their communities.

We have a conumdrum: Is it time to take this into Our Own Hands?
I mean, once We said, let the criminals kill each other...that was wrong.
The criminals are killing each other and many innocents too.

So, Yes, PA, I say We shun the ones ripe for lessons. And We form secret societies if We have to. I think that community + little policing can help.

We have to form community organizations. We can invoke laws in Our Communities whereby, We expect a certain behavior of and from each other.
If someone is doing, or does something wrong... the community comes up with some form of correction--We need this especially for Our kids. And, I know that many of you won't be in agreement with me on this; but We have to terrorize the drug dealers--- not kill them, but terrorize... and then and only then, do We call in the police--- preferrably; true police...not the gang members that most are. They have to go.

Hell, in the old days; African-Americans would burn their houses down, burn up their cars... run them out. We don't have to become criminals; We have to get mad enough to get some people the hell on from around Us and Our Kids.

Our kids feel what they see...and in some of Our Communities what they see is nothing Good. Then We expect them to have PRIDE in who they are and where they come from---THEY ARE ALL TOO COMMONLY COMING FROM HELL.

And all We want is for them to read, write, and do 'rithematic.

1. In places that We frequent, if Police come around...then We should not go to those places. If businesses recognize this and does something about it, then if one of Our Own does something to mess it up for us, then We should put a hit on the bastard. If it is a child, his/her family has to compensate; one way or another. Let Us not Forget that family burned to death by Our Own Criminals, while We put Our heads in the sand, yet again!

2. You followed in a store? Walk out and don't return.

3. Stop being crane monkeys! Police are killing Us for sport. We are killing Us for sport.
I am no more taking every infraction against African-Americans, as an infraction against me. I never killed anyone, I never sold or took any kind of drugs - except the ones masquerading as prescription medication, I have never stolen anything (ok, except from my sisters/brothers growing up), I am and have always been PROUD TO BE BLACK, AND I LAUDE WHAT OUR PEOPLE HAVE DONE IN PROGRESS AND SURVIVAL. I EXPECT MOST WHITE PEOPLE TO HATE ME AND TRY TO DESTROY ME.

4. If We don't Unite, We are wasting Our Time. We are wasting Our Words.

Anyone in here have ideas or suggestions of what can be done... in the war zones that are made for us; and the ones We have made for Ourselves?

Your points are well taken Happy69. I don't blame you for desiring a safe neighborhood because we ARE being setup for slaughter by the cops and our own kind, which are just as sick. I believe we can start with the family, then move to the community level, and then form alliances with other groups around the world. We need real leaders to organize a world-wide boycott of cities/states/countries who commit genocide against us. Most of all, we need someone that will not become a sellout!

We have to support TRUE leadership and NOT let the media tell us who our leaders are in this nation. Many people will ask: "What is true leadership?" I feel that true leadership will come from someone who can't be bought and sold like a slave. Malcolm X was an excellent example of that. A true leader won't be controlled by donations from the so-called elite. A true leader will not identify with the oppressors of our people. Finally, a true leader will know most of the tricks used by white supremacy because it always boil down to *DIVIDE, DECEIVE, DISTORT, DENY, AND CONQUER.*

A STRATEGY WE MUST THINK ABOUT

The strategy that I was thinking of needs to be addressed on several different levels. Those levels are the psychological, sociological, philosophical, political, spiritual, educational, and economical.

Psychologically, we must began to restore pride in our children and young adults by disseminating the truth about western culture and its deceptive practices. That includes full exposure of all the tricks that they have used on us in the past. I believe that in order to have a stable mind young people must have a firm grip on reality. They should not be dumbstruck by propaganda, superstition, and myths.

Sociologically, we must foster a blossoming pride in our young people that will carry them on into the future. We can do that by instilling a spirit of love and trust in themselves. A real look at OURstory can enhance their understanding of what we are up against and what we must do.

We must develop our own sense of what is right within our culture. If anything is done that is destructive or harmful to another (within the ranks of our allies), it should be considered as a serious violation of our moral philosophy, and we must act swiftly to correct it.

Philosophically, we must teach our young people to think for themselves. Our main problem is that we allow too many Caucasians and sellouts to think for us. This mental lethargy has caused us to be a diaspora of confused zombies that can't organize a meaningful movement. We MUST get past this mental BLOCK.

Politically, we must use all of our voting power to REMOVE the greater of two evils. Even Malcolm X began to utilize the phrase "ACTION ON ALL FRONTS!" Hopefully, we can put someone into a position of real authority by dividing and conquering this world-wide economic system. This world, at the present time, is RIPE for such a move. I say that because we have world-wide partisan politics among elected representatives that has gone beyond decency. They are showing us the height of their hypocrisy. Our children need to see this so they can see the REAL hypocrites in action. We must teach them to NEVER be like THEM!

Spiritually, I feel that we must teach our children that A DIVINE FORCE flows through all of them. That divine force let us all know that we have talents that must be used to advance the cause of our world-wide struggle. The force is WITHIN THEM and it can only be tapped into by using a spiritual purification process. That process includes the elimination of most (if not all) junk foods from their diet because they cause diseases and memory loss. I have found out through my loss of 40 lbs that you actually think better at a lighter weight. What I mean by that is rooted in the fact that you have less waste accumulating within your intestines. I have been transformed in a very powerful way. FASTING is what really help in this process.

Educationally, we must build and control all of our learning institutions. It doesn't matter how large the building is; what matters is how thoroughly analytical our thought process become. Great thinkers are always searching for new ideas and that is what we must teach our young people to do: THINK!!! It's NOT illegal yet.

Economically, we must began to UNITE with the people from the Afrikan Continent. They have an immense amount of natural resources that can be used to develop their nation on ALL LEVELS. Some of us can establish DUAL citizenship and even become future leaders or teachers within Afrikan countries. We are at a PERFECT time to start doing some of these things on a larger scale.

In conclusion, the TRUE leadership that we choose (operative word is WE) must have our overwhelming support. This will encourage others to feel that Afrikan leadership will have support from its own people.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back