Black Entertainment : Basketball Wives Is A Disgrace To Black Women!

There's an old saying that you can put sugar on &*%$ but it's still &*%$. Basically, these women are young and ignorant of how their behavior impacts not only them; but those in the viewing public forming opinions. I'd never do a show that would make my own people look bad. What happened to Black pride?

But the sad thing is these (insert whatever you wanna call em here) aint young!! LOL we are talking about 40 year old women!!! They are disgraceful! And so are the Real House Wives of Atlanta!

I have to take my dogs to the groomers in 15 min...so, typing very quickly, I'm going to hit a few main points before I leave. Excuse errors and incomplete thoughts and such, please:

I've seen the show a handful of times.
'Who is at fault?' Well, that would assume that all hold the same opinion on the matter...and everyone doesn't.

This entire matter is just another instance of black folks being obsessed with 'What White Folks Think'...or why else are we having this discussion?
"Intelligent black women do not conduct themselves this way..."
*shrug*
So, if this is the conclusion, what's the point of even talking about this?
If 'WE'... understand that 'it's just a tv show' and that 'not all are cut from the same cloth'...we'd say, 'So what? There are many facets to black culture...as there are with other cultures. This is ours. We are what we say we are. Deal with it.'
>>pause<<
So, why are 'we' getting all bent out of shape...(or, I should say, 'YA'LL' -- 'cause I'm not in this)? *laugh* Who are 'some of YA'LL' trying to impress?

Anyway --
the 'Real Housewives' series and that 'Jersey Shore' show doesn't reflect the entirety of white women or italian women (also white) or hispanic women, and what have you, in a poor light.
The 'BasketBall Wives' show doesn't reflect the whole of black women in a poor light, either.

Any who would base their entire perception of a people on a tv show...is entirely too stupid to be taken seriously. The end.
So, why do some? Take them seriously...? Waste energy trying to disprove what some or many think...? "Oh, that doesn't reflect black women positively take it off."
Some black women are airheads. Some are gold-diggers. Some are skanks. Just like every other woman. Just like every other human...b/c we are all individuals with our own motivations and values.
'Intelligence'... really doesn't have a thing to do with it.

Either way, I'm an individual. I define myself. I am a black womAn...not black women. I am a black person (singular). I am not black people.
I am an individual. I define my SELF.
I don't have to ask for the privilege.
It just is.
I'm not about to sit here and debate the point, either. (well, if I were 'into' online debate...anyway *laugh*)
That's ridiculous. I am...whatever I say that I am.
The end.

I don't expect all to agree...and it's 'whatever'. I don't actually care. I say what I think with no interest in impressing any on a message-board.

(some) Black folks on here are always screaming about how 'strong' they are.
Please...no - they ain't. They just pay 'lip-service' to the idea.
They're 'minorities'... who think like 'minorities'...who approach the world through the eyes of a 'minority'... and (over)react to everything as a powerless 'minority' would.

If that weren't so? None would sweat this issue. I've no interest in ruminating over 'what we can do to change the perceptions of others concerning us'.It's irrelevant.
...because there's nothing to be done about it.
...because it's nothing to do with US!
...because it's not our problem.
*shrug*
It's 'theirs'.

Beyond this board, I'm far from 'impotent'.
Are ya'll? Are ya'll...really...?
'Cause I can't tell....
If you're 'strong', maybe you should act like it.
...and, maybe then, everyone (including yourself) would actually believe it.
*shrug*

I understand where your coming from and what your trying to say but at the end of the day this does reflect poorly on ALL BLACK WOMEN, EVEN YOU. Why do you ask? Well honey all you have to do is go to the jim crow museum to figure that out. (http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/) There are hundreds of years of black face, cooning, stereotyping and making a fool of black folk to dupe the entire world into believing those stereotypes much of this was propagated long before tv came along. The television only brings bs to a wider audience but has the same effect. You can kid yourself if you want to but I bet if you put a microphone in the home of any white person and over heard a conversation regarding this show or what they think about black women you would be appalled. Most of them believe that this is how ALL black women act.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back