Black Poetry : Another True Story

tay_tay225

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Sometimes I think love may be the only good thing they understand
Because besides it, they act as if they only know the gun in their hand.

White, black, yellow, brown -- violence doesn't discriminate.
Whether it's the one giving it or the one who's got to feel the hate.

Save the music? Seems like it's already gone.
He's busy spouting BS and she's giving it to everyone.

Just what happened to the happiness and trust we used to know?
When REAL friendship was common and we could take things slow.

The world is just backwards. Don't you see what I mean?
We have to change it before it turns into a big crime scene.

There's no doubt today our cities are full of crime scenes and full of gun play
drive by and str8 up bangin displaying hate on another is sad / painful and it hurts
we droppin daily from the street violance and not friendship ....death be not !!

No doubt that this country is a big crime scene. People are getting more and more distant from each other. Even with our "trusty democracy" hate still ravages this contry. Love is reduced to a few chemicals. Wall Street is running the white house and this contry just diggs itself a bigger whole and the rest of the world is coming in right behind it.

No doubt that this country is a big crime scene. People are getting more and more distant from each other. Even with our "trusty democracy" hate still ravages this contry. Love is reduced to a few chemicals. Wall Street is running the white house and this contry just diggs itself a bigger whole and the rest of the world is coming in right behind it.

I think a lot of it could be solved if we started getting a long better, for starters. Blacks and whites HAVE come a long way. We may be fighting in gangs and things, but at least I'm seeing some whites and blacks in the same gang. :10500: Always a bright side.

But even back then, blacks stuck together and more of us were friends...when I first meet someone, I trust them right off the bat (to an extent. I won't say, "Hi, I'm Taylor. Here's my number." It's what they do later that determines whether or not they get to keep my trust. And this seems to strike a lot of people as odd.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back