Black Short Stories : 17 and something like it..........

Da1whoownslife

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 18, 2003
Da Dirty South....Texas...
Occupation
Student
Another evening spent in the school year book room, nobody wanted the yearbook done well as Jayla McGentry. Jayla McGentry was a 17 year old cheerleader and all star track star for Elly High School in Miami. Baby Bash's song featuring Frankie J blasted on her cd player, "So tyte, so fly, you got me lifted, you go me lifted......" Jayla as usual began to sing to her new favorite song.
'Umm.. no... singing isn't your thang,babygirl, dancing is...," said Aphiany James laughing..
Aphifany James was Jayla's best friend since elementary school. Aphifany James was another top runner at Elly High. Track was her thing and no one could stop her from doing her thing at the school. At Elly High, Aphifany and Jayla was also knew as the hot girls who danced in various videos for top stars.
Taking off her headphones.and cuttin off the cd player....'What are u doin here, Aphifany? Thought you and and ur man, KeWan was goin out'... Jayla then gaved her a cute, innocent look as usual....
Aphifany gaved Jayla a grimly look cuz Jayla knew how Aphifany hated KeWan.... KeWan Taylor was a boy in their class last year who told on her cuz she cheated on a final exam then lied on Aphifany because she wouldn't go on a date with him.... and now, they was assigned a big project due by the end of the next month.....
Aphifany slowly walked up to where Jayla was sittin...and got face to face with Jayla, 'If you wasn't so dayum cute, I would have whooped ur *** for that one.....' Jayla turned her head... Jayla already had mixed emotions ova Aphifany. Jayla was a now really discovering her sexuality in terms of recently new felt feelings felt towards Aphifany... Jayla thought it was just another case of identity crisis... Others thought otherwise like her friend in Tennesee. He was gay and told her several times over the phone.....
'Jayla McGentry you are a beautiful girl. There isn't anything wrong with you. You have feelings for a ,so what?! Society don't owe you anything. Okay, there is discrimination. But who hasn't felt discriminated towards especially if they fought for what they believe in... Anyway, Jayla....girl, just like EnVogue's song... 'Lose Control'... remember......'What's gonna be, don't you want to be more then friends?....

'Earth to Jayla Necole McGentry, are you still in this room mentally....'said Aphifany now sitting across from Jayla....
'Yeah, sorry... just thinkin and worryin about the yearbook....', lied Jayla through her teeth...
Aphifany knew she was lyin because Jayla was biting her finger nails... She only did that when she was tellin a a lie.... Aphifany left it alone cuz Jayla would tell her soon like she always did..
Ring, Ring...... Aphifany cell phone blazed the air...... 'It's my older sister... I guess I should take it......I will be right back...........okay?'
'Okay..' Jayla replied with relief..... Aphifany was looking nice in her apple bottom jeans and wife beater.....

5 mins. later, Aphifany runs back in the room......
'Hey, I am sorry babygirl... but I got to go, it's my dad, again.. He came home drunk and whupped up my mom pretty good.....' said Aphifany through tears.....
'Well, I will go with you.... okay? Just want to be there to support you and ur mom...' said Jayla now with holdin her backpack....
'Okay, okay.... Let's go....'

When they arrived at the house, the MPD was there, takin away... Aphifany's father... Aphifany's sister runs out the house..... and hugged Aphifany....
'Mom.... is okay but in intensive care..... sweetie, we can't go til the morrow to see her....'
Aphifany walked in the house to her room.... Jayla followed....
Aphifany then locked her door....
She sit on her bed and started to cry....
Jayla got on the flo and laid her head on Aphifany's lap....

Jayla lifts up her head up and glazed in Aphifany's hazel eyes....
'I am here for you, Aphifany Skylar James......don't give up....'
Jayla gets up and sits by Aphifany on the bed....
'I am not.......' Then Aphifany leans towards Jayla's face and lightly kisses
her on the lips...
'Aphifany.......' saids Jayla slowly..Slowly getting up..'Well, I got to go'.... This is what she wanted but not like this..... Jayla was near the bedroom door.....
'Please, Jayla..... don't leave.... stay with me tonite.....'
Two choices ran through Jayla's head.............

17 and something like it.... Part 2

'Aphifany......', stuttered Jayla now relivin the moment of the kiss in her head.
'Jayla.... look I am so sorry for doin that.... I just.....I know you...are straight and, and....'
Jayla now standin face to face with Aphifany.....
Jayla slowly embraced Aphifany with a hug.......
'Aphifany, I got to...... um..... no.... forget it..... how about we crash and talk about things in the mornin when we both aren't so emotional?' said Jayla with an nervous but quick laugh at the end....
'Sure............' said Aphifany backin up from Jayla's body...not knowing what has sparked emotionally for herself.. 'But make sure u call ur parents to let them know, big head, u crashin here for the nite...
'Fa' Sho, shawty.....', with a horrible Atlanta accent said Jayla..

3:57... a.m. beamed Aphifany's clock......
Jayla's cell rung so loud.... that it startled Jayla but it didn't even arouse Aphifany in her sleep. When she slept, she was sleep.... really sleep....
'Hello......'
'Baby, I was worried about you... You haven't even called me tonite... Your mom told me that you was stayin with ole' girl, tonite...' said Jason Taveras, Jayla's wanna be thug exboyfriend..
Jason Taveras was really a nobody at Elly High... Didn't half the tyme come to school better yet, wasn't even in a relationship with Jayla......
'Jason, please save ur pity remarks for someone else...... I am really tired of ur bullsh**...'
'Jayla, hunny....... I am sorry for doin the things I did.... I am a changed man...... and anyway, if I wasn't mistaken..... I would believe you was in love with that h*e.... you with now.. You always given her so much tyme and the day.......'
Click went Jayla's cell......
'Ugh...... I hate him so much now....' said Jayla loudly to awaken Aphifany...
'What's wrong, it was Jason, wasn't it?' replied a sleepy Aphifany.....
'Yeah... but um......... go back to sleep b/c in the mornin... I got to tell u something important...'
'What is it............?' said Aphifany now sitting up......

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back