Black Short Stories : 17 and something like it..........

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Da1whoownslife, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Da1whoownslife

Da1whoownslife Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another evening spent in the school year book room, nobody wanted the yearbook done well as Jayla McGentry. Jayla McGentry was a 17 year old cheerleader and all star track star for Elly High School in Miami. Baby Bash's song featuring Frankie J blasted on her cd player, "So tyte, so fly, you got me lifted, you go me lifted......" Jayla as usual began to sing to her new favorite song.
    'Umm.. no... singing isn't your thang,babygirl, dancing is...," said Aphiany James laughing..
    Aphifany James was Jayla's best friend since elementary school. Aphifany James was another top runner at Elly High. Track was her thing and no one could stop her from doing her thing at the school. At Elly High, Aphifany and Jayla was also knew as the hot girls who danced in various videos for top stars.
    Taking off her headphones.and cuttin off the cd player....'What are u doin here, Aphifany? Thought you and and ur man, KeWan was goin out'... Jayla then gaved her a cute, innocent look as usual....
    Aphifany gaved Jayla a grimly look cuz Jayla knew how Aphifany hated KeWan.... KeWan Taylor was a boy in their class last year who told on her cuz she cheated on a final exam then lied on Aphifany because she wouldn't go on a date with him.... and now, they was assigned a big project due by the end of the next month.....
    Aphifany slowly walked up to where Jayla was sittin...and got face to face with Jayla, 'If you wasn't so dayum cute, I would have whooped ur *** for that one.....' Jayla turned her head... Jayla already had mixed emotions ova Aphifany. Jayla was a now really discovering her sexuality in terms of recently new felt feelings felt towards Aphifany... Jayla thought it was just another case of identity crisis... Others thought otherwise like her friend in Tennesee. He was gay and told her several times over the phone.....
    'Jayla McGentry you are a beautiful girl. There isn't anything wrong with you. You have feelings for a ,so what?! Society don't owe you anything. Okay, there is discrimination. But who hasn't felt discriminated towards especially if they fought for what they believe in... Anyway, Jayla....girl, just like EnVogue's song... 'Lose Control'... remember......'What's gonna be, don't you want to be more then friends?....

'Earth to Jayla Necole McGentry, are you still in this room mentally....'said Aphifany now sitting across from Jayla....
    'Yeah, sorry... just thinkin and worryin about the yearbook....', lied Jayla through her teeth...
    Aphifany knew she was lyin because Jayla was biting her finger nails... She only did that when she was tellin a a lie.... Aphifany left it alone cuz Jayla would tell her soon like she always did..
    Ring, Ring...... Aphifany cell phone blazed the air...... 'It's my older sister... I guess I should take it......I will be right back...........okay?'
    'Okay..' Jayla replied with relief..... Aphifany was looking nice in her apple bottom jeans and wife beater.....

5 mins. later, Aphifany runs back in the room......
    'Hey, I am sorry babygirl... but I got to go, it's my dad, again.. He came home drunk and whupped up my mom pretty good.....' said Aphifany through tears.....
    'Well, I will go with you.... okay? Just want to be there to support you and ur mom...' said Jayla now with holdin her backpack....
    'Okay, okay.... Let's go....'

When they arrived at the house, the MPD was there, takin away... Aphifany's father... Aphifany's sister runs out the house..... and hugged Aphifany....
    'Mom.... is okay but in intensive care..... sweetie, we can't go til the morrow to see her....'
    Aphifany walked in the house to her room.... Jayla followed....
    Aphifany then locked her door....
    She sit on her bed and started to cry....
    Jayla got on the flo and laid her head on Aphifany's lap....

Jayla lifts up her head up and glazed in Aphifany's hazel eyes....
    'I am here for you, Aphifany Skylar James......don't give up....'
    Jayla gets up and sits by Aphifany on the bed....
    'I am not.......' Then Aphifany leans towards Jayla's face and lightly kisses
    her on the lips...
    'Aphifany.......' saids Jayla slowly..Slowly getting up..'Well, I got to go'.... This is what she wanted but not like this..... Jayla was near the bedroom door.....
    'Please, Jayla..... don't leave.... stay with me tonite.....'
    Two choices ran through Jayla's head.............

2. sarcasm4eva

sarcasm4eva Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    this def. was a good story. more more, please. what's jayla gonna do, hmmm... much love :)

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    now i love this here please feed my mental more
    yes pt.2
    what a story to capture ya self in .....loving it wow..
    mo mo mo !!!!

4. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +220
    Nice story...

I'm interested in
    knowing the choices

waiting patiently :)

feelin'it souldeep!
    Coco :heart:

5. Da1whoownslife

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    17 and something like it.... Part 2

'Aphifany......', stuttered Jayla now relivin the moment of the kiss in her head.
    'Jayla.... look I am so sorry for doin that.... I just.....I know you...are straight and, and....'
    Jayla now standin face to face with Aphifany.....
    Jayla slowly embraced Aphifany with a hug.......
    'Aphifany, I got to...... um..... no.... forget it..... how about we crash and talk about things in the mornin when we both aren't so emotional?' said Jayla with an nervous but quick laugh at the end....
    'Sure............' said Aphifany backin up from Jayla's body...not knowing what has sparked emotionally for herself.. 'But make sure u call ur parents to let them know, big head, u crashin here for the nite...
    'Fa' Sho, shawty.....', with a horrible Atlanta accent said Jayla..

3:57... a.m. beamed Aphifany's clock......
    Jayla's cell rung so loud.... that it startled Jayla but it didn't even arouse Aphifany in her sleep. When she slept, she was sleep.... really sleep....
    'Hello......'
    'Baby, I was worried about you... You haven't even called me tonite... Your mom told me that you was stayin with ole' girl, tonite...' said Jason Taveras, Jayla's wanna be thug exboyfriend..
    Jason Taveras was really a nobody at Elly High... Didn't half the tyme come to school better yet, wasn't even in a relationship with Jayla......
    'Jason, please save ur pity remarks for someone else...... I am really tired of ur bullsh**...'
    'Jayla, hunny....... I am sorry for doin the things I did.... I am a changed man...... and anyway, if I wasn't mistaken..... I would believe you was in love with that h*e.... you with now.. You always given her so much tyme and the day.......'
    Click went Jayla's cell......
    'Ugh...... I hate him so much now....' said Jayla loudly to awaken Aphifany...
    'What's wrong, it was Jason, wasn't it?' replied a sleepy Aphifany.....
    'Yeah... but um......... go back to sleep b/c in the mornin... I got to tell u something important...'
    'What is it............?' said Aphifany now sitting up......

6. true love

true love Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Great story...can't wait to read the rest. Much love.

7. Da1whoownslife

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jayla slowly tried to get up but she noticed Aphifany's hand on her wrist...
    'I don't think so Jayla, this tyme you going to tell me what's the da** deal... No more, 'there isn't anything wrong, Aphifany'....' said Aphifany..... now with a good grip ova Jayla's wrist..
    'Okay, okay......' said Jayla with a single tear leavin her gray eyes....
    Aphifany wiped the tear from Jayla's eye....
    'What's wrong? It's Jason..I know it is.... I just f***ing knew it.... That bastard..!!!!..' exclaimed Aphifany.... now gettin off the bed..... 'What did he do this tyme? I told you about him from day one, Jayla.....' now sittin by Jayla on the bed..... Aphifany stopped talkin to notice Jayla was crying softly to herself...
    'What's wrong, J?' now comin to tears herself.....
    'Aphifany, I am...... pregnant by Jason......' said Jayla softly....' please, don't give the speech about 'you told me so'......
    Aphifany face had no emotion on it.... She just sit there starin into space....
    'And there is something else too......... I am in love with you... Aphifany......' said Jayla...
    Now gettin up and retrievin her items..... Jayla again spoke softly to Aphifany.....' I got to go..'
    Aphifany still tryin to process the new information... now spoke.... 'Jayla.. um.... it's kind of late.... sh** early to be drivin... you know that.... '
    'I think it will be best if I leave now.......I will call u when I get home.....' said Jayla....openin Aphifany's bedroom door....
    Aphifany heard Jayla's 2004 Excursion crank up and slowly drivin away..

The Next day at school.........

The usual cliques walked the halls of Elly High.... The goths, the preps, the jocks, the nerds, the beauty queens, the addicts..... the usual....
    'Whass up, Jayla....' said Amber King.... Amber was part of a the track team.... She was crazy.... always high on something but not today......
    'Nothing much, girl.... just livin the day to the fullest like everyday.....' smiled Jayla.....
    'Cool, cool........but um tonite..... why don't u hit up my party on the westside and maybe you can show these dumb girls who made up the dancing round herre.............Feel me?' said Amber through her strong country accent.....
    'Aight, girl......'

Walkin into 5th period..... She noticed Aphifany in the back with the wanna be thugs gramblin like always..... She wasn't at the table at lunch or at the McDonalds located down the street...
    Jayla sat down and laid her head down on the desk..... Suddenly, she felt a sensation in her stomach now comin up...... she ran out of the room to the bathroom... The teacher knew she was sick so she didn't think nothing about it and kept doin what she was doing......
    One of the boys....'What's wrong with her? Her fyne a** can't be pregnant not now...She just got accepted to that Ivy League school, Harvard and Jason just got killed last nite by some 52 boys.....' 52 was some real hardcore ex-cons... Aphifany knew at least one cuz that's what her brother was.....
    Aphifany hit him in the head and asked, 'What did u just say?'
    'Da**, Aphifany..... That boy, Jason got his a** capped real hard..... He dead.....'
    Aphifany then got Jayla's stuff and hers and walked out of class...
    The teacher, Mrs. Ross, didn't stop her cuz they were best friends and she already knew what was happening...........
    'Class today..... We are goin to pick back up on Act 1, Scene 2 in Macbeth.......'
    and the class groaned.........

Aphifany saw Jayla leavin the bathroom....
    'Jayla', shouted Aphifany from down the hall.....
    Jayla stopped and waited on Aphifany....
    'Aphifany..... I got to go home.... I need some....'
    Aphifany interrupted.....'Sshhh..... just wait til we get home and then we will figure what to do..'
    Aphifany then hugged Jayla slowly.....
    So they left together.... since 5th period was their last class of the day since they had an early out day......
    Aphifany followed Jayla in her 2003 red camaro...
    Blastin on Aphifany's radio... 'Don't I ever cross your mind, anytime.....' Brian McKnight's Anytime... Oh how she loved this song......
    Thinkin to herself..... Aphifany replayed ova many tymes of yesterday's and today's situations.....'Dad is in custody, Mom is in the hospital, Jayla is pregnant, Jason is dead and mostly Jayla is in love with me...'
    Jayla stopped her car and then Aphifany realized they was at Jayla's house...
    No one was at home as usual...
    They both got out their cars and went inside....

They was in the livin room.... Jayla turned on her favorite cd... Alicia Keys...
    Aphifany sat down on the couch.....
    Jayla came back with some Minute Maid juice for Aphifany..
    'And I swore it feels like.............' Alicia sanged ova the house.....

They sat at least a good 15 mins. on the couch......
    'Jayla, look into my eyes.....' asked Aphifany....
    Jayla did......
    'And tell me what you told me last nite well early this morn......'
    'I love you, Aphifany....'
    Aphifany turned her head....
    'Aphifany, I know Jason is dead.... Yes, I did love him and still do but I wasn't in love with him anymore..'
    Jayla sat there and put her head in her hands....
    Aphifany then moved to the floor and got in front of Jayla......
    'Jayla, well I guess we just got to till our parents and only pray for the best.....' said Aphifany with a little smile.......'And Jayla, we got to think some of this out..... You are only 17 and I am 18...... Man...........'
    'No..... I am 17 and something like it........'
    Aphifany and Jayla both started to laughed......
    But Aphifany broke the laughter to say.....'Jayla McGentry, I love you.....too.. More than you will ever know............'

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    simply beautiful story love the way it's going
    keep it coming wow

9. Da1whoownslife

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    17 and something like it (Part 4)

3 months had passed...

No one knew Jayla and Aphifany was an item. People suspected but didn't ask because they knew Aphifany's attitude towards people. Aphifany was coping with Jayla's pregancy. She never thought of the idea of bringin a baby into society with two mothers. She was always dubious about that idea. Both of their parents knew Jayla was pregnant. Jayla made the decision to keep the baby and no one could have stopped her from giving birth to her baby. The parents just didn't know that their daughters was together in a real relationship.
    Graduation was tonight for the class of 2004 of Elly High.
    'Graduation night is tonight, and I can't wait to party because I don't answer to anybody anymore,' said, Aphifany to Jayla over the phone.
    'Whatever, Aphifany, your a** better not be acting up tonight,' said Jayla...
    'You know what, Jayla, I am comin over right now.....'
    'Okay then, buh bye....'

Sure enough 10 minutes later, Jayla heard a car pull up.
    A knock on the bedroom door interrputed Jayla's reading...
    'Come in, ' said Jayla cutting off her light...
    The door opened slowly and then the door closed..
    Jayla was layin on her back trying to look seductively...
    Lightly kissin Jayla on the lips, Aphifany ran her hands through her hair....
    'Why you actin like you sleep, J?' said Aphifany....Oh how Jayla loved how Aphifany said J short for Jayla....
    Then Jayla grabbed Aphifany's neck and pulled her back closer. They both was enticed into the kiss that they didn't notice that someone had walked into Jayla's room.
    'Jayla? Aphifany? Oh my?,' said Jayla's mom, Mrs. Marlin McGentry....
    Aphifany jumped off Jayla.....
    They both stared at Jayla's mom because they didn't think anyone was going to find like that..
    'Jayla, hunny talk to me.....' said Jayla's mom....
    'Mom....' began Jayla.....'there's something I got to tell you....."
    "Yeah there is....' said Marlin now shutting and locking the door...'Maybe you two should have locked the door in the first beginning and then you could have kept you two's little charade up but then again, maybe fate was just playing it's part tonight..... So ladies, talk to me............."

10. DayDream

DayDream Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I love this story

This is a great story. You got me salivating for more. I think we've all been in this "deer caught in the headlights" situation :eeek: . stomach doing flips just thinking about it. Keep it going!!!