Amun-Ra : Your Size

I forgot what I was doing

I was well into a long dissertation when my computer went to the next page and I lost all I had typed--basically, all said was that essentially the world is a global village and westernism has touuched or tainted, however you like it, the remiander of the world. That doesn't mean it is all bad. Personally, I prefer dark, thin people as my amorous favorites. That is probably a very liited view considering the host of possibilities in what has become a global village. Perhaps, I am limiting myself unnaturally. There is a tendency toward thinking that everything out of Africa is good and everything out of Europe is bad which is absurd. Good ideas, inventions and technology are independent of their political origins as early settlers discovered when they stole idea and inventions from the Indians and slaves. They were good ideas. Unfortunately, there is a brand of Afrocentrism going about that lays claim to every significant discovery and invention in history with a straight face. Although, the current scientific theory shows that we all came out of Africa, claiming all people of African descent is also ludicrous because there is no clear line to make a delineation. Are the Egyptians Africans? Technically, they are. They live on the African continent, ergo, they must be Africans; or are they? Are the Spaniards who were conquered by the Moors of African descent? Yes and no. In the final analysis each determines their origins and lays claim to a particularly ethnicity. Claiming after the fact is no better than claiming relationship with a famous person. Eastern thought is often given short shrift even though Eastern cultures were civilized long before Western society climbed out of the trees and moved into caves. My point? Simply that we all have our individual tastes and they run according to local custom with local communities. For instance, in my home town there is a clear preference for big women among the black agrarian culture there. It has been like that for as long as I remember, but just a few miles away, slim women rule. What makes up the difference--I don't know. Maybe it is agrarian attitude versus an urban reality. Who knows, but it is fun to think about--why do we make the choices we do? Family? Friends? Society? All of the above? I wish I knew, but as you can see, I have no problem giving an opinion which means that everyone else can have one too and as to who is right--I don't think that can ever be settled.

Ra

:heart:

what i'm saying is a big woman can look good at her size
but i mean look what they try to wear these tyte tops and
stuff that strips them from their beauty and guys too
they are even worse once u spread understand u can't get into that no more and it don't make u look good
don't get me wrong i have seen big women with high esteem
and i tell u they look good too the fashion of cloth they wear
make them look even better but if it don't fit don't force it !!!!
$R

okay wooooo here I go....

me I am not how you say a big girl but I have some parts of my body that is juicer or thicker (as I like to say) then the average video girl. I know my limits my breast size is 34 C and I know that some shirts are cut too low and I just can't and will not wear it. it pains me to see a woman with my size breast OR bigger and a low cut shirt showing the strecth marks from the strain on her chest. also my behind is not as big as most but I am not absolutely flat I wear capris but if they are tight (which they hardly are because my body is beautiful without the tight fitting clothes) I wear a shirt that covers what God gave me. I look at talk shows since summer has rolled around and I'm not teaching and the shows (i.e. Jenny, Ricki, and yes Jerry) are just down right outrageous I am digusted at women especially beautiful black women disgracing thereselves in such a way that there body looks like who did it and why?

my body is one thing that I do have control over and I don't feel the need to put myself in tight clothing or clevage showing bras/shirts. I know some women actually seriously think they look good with there tight clothes and me being the person I am hate and yes seriously I hate hurting another feeling in any way because I know the feeling. BUT I will tell you what not to wear or what don't and won't look respectable to alls eyes if you are my girl my man or a friendly woman in a store.

I luv to see my sistahs and bruthas lookin good but some are just incapable of seeing what they really look like. I try my damnest to let people know it's just how I was brought up, if a womans hair is messed up I reach out put it back how it was or either tell her. BUT here is the problem people, women mostly get pissed the fullest when you even offer your advice. All the issues ya'll are discussin travels right back to the person. You never know what people think they look like, you never know what kind of day there having, all you know is that what they have on is not appealing to your eyes. I know I'm kinda traveling in circles but what I'm sayin is that basically ignorance is bliss. Women and men would rather ignore your comments, giggles, staring eyes, and offerings of help then actually take the time and listen to your advice. Because of course they have mirrors and they know they looked good when they woke up and put on those clothes, most will tell you there the best lookin out there. Well I don't know what to say but **** it's a never ending circle. We can not and probably will not change many peoples point of view on what they wear because to each his or her own right?

well it's gettin late and I have to post a few other things so until next time

I'm just sayin...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back