Black Women : Why Do We Keep Running?

ummmmm REGINA I SAID THAT OR DIDN"T YOU READ WHAT I WROTE? "When we were segregated we all lived in the same area no matter how prosperous we were. Doctors, Lawyers, Bankers, Undertakers, School teachers, Preachers, Business shop owners, Rail Road workers, Factory workers, Porters, Maids and on and on. Yes there was a lil social structure within the community but we all lived in the same neighborhood. It kept the neighborhood stable and there were plenty of role models around during the 30’s 40’s and 50’s. Our black communities were booming bustling," "When we had no place else to go we went no place else! "

leroy moves down the street from you and regina asks, what do you expect. so he can help create the situation but not willing to live in it. this is what i'm talking about, the same people some try to move away, assimilate into the white power structure, and leroy and pooh-pooh move right next door.

someone asked the question, why do you complain about the schit white folx do to us but say nothing about the drug dealers right on our own blocks?

again exactly my point. why do we continue to let it hurt our communities when we know the damage that will be done?

in my city attention has been paid to two killings. late last year a young girl sitting at her kitchen table was killed by a bullet that was meant for someone else. she was INSIDE her house, a place where you should feel comfortable and safe.

a few years ago a little girl was killed at a gas station. she and her other siblings were waiting for you mother who pulledinto the station to get gas. it took them quite a few years to arrest the suspects. people wouldn't come forward.

these crimes were "gang-related".

Why Do We Keep Running?

I was partially raised in the PJs and my mother's constant urging to us was to "Get up and Get OUT."

The PJs is supposed to be temporary.

When you and your children can have an actual yard w/grass to gather and play in and not have to lie on the floor because of gunshots outside and not have to see blood on sidewalks, stepping over trash and broken bottles and smell urine everywhere, then that is a far sight better than the alternative.

And just because some Black people run from these conditions, that doesn't mean that they automatically run to White neighborhoods.

There are plenty of Black neighborhoods to choose from as well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back