Black History : We Can And Must Be There For Them Too!!

But really, there are crisis going on in so many other places, so I don't understand the significance yet, about Puerto Rico. I've just become familiar with a certain country in Africa and some of the issues there that I feel would have been important information for me, and don't understand why I was not educated about it in a classroom environment.

In around 1991, when I was saddled with my young children, the news was immersed in crisis in African countries like Somalia and Rwanda and etc. Also, Timothy McVeigh and Michael Jackson. But now, I am reading up on another important struggle in Eritrea, and around this very time, they became victorious in a struggle that had been going on for them for about 30 years. I wonder why America never highlighted this very important news. I am still researching...

Please do elaborate further about the ongoing crisis in Eritrea as well!!

Please do elaborate further about the ongoing crisis in Eritrea as well!!

Thank you. I'm still researching. But so far, it seems that the main people of Eritrea were railroaded back in the early 1960s and the Western Unions such as the United Nations, tried to get them to be subjected under the larger Ethiopian government. For awhile, they were considered to be 'Ethiopians' but, I think they are a unique African kind of people. I think they are related to Ethiopians but have unique variations. Anyway, the Western unions wanted to reward the Ethiopian government for their involvement in WWII by doing 'something' and I haven't figured that part out yet. But the people that came to be known as Eritreans might have become pawned. So, they defended their right to be unique. They organized a defense and had been struggling since about 1962. Finally in 1991 or thereabouts, they became recognized as being a national system but, their struggle still continues. I think many of them profess to be Hebrew Israelites.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back