Black People : Was It Right For This Father To Be Arrested for Whipping His Girls?

Peace Khasm,

you and me both. We used to hear my best friend screaming all the way down the block.. his mom did him naked with and extension cord.. for every little thing.. needless to say.. he ended up being a violent dude and did 9 years in the pen.. and his brother ended up in for 5. And we not talking "hood stories of poverty".. we're talking: Antique furniture in the living room.. new Benz in the driveway.. own business.. paid for house.. nice neighborhood. Abuse creates abuse. Reasons be damned.

and.. and.. my other friend.. her mom used make her and her sister soak in the bathtub first.. and then do them with an extension cord for like 30 minutes straight.. Then she would keep them home from school while they healed.

We all knew that the wildest kid in school was the kid that was abused at home. He was violent toward everyone else because his parents were violent toward him.. it's a cycle.. but I'm amazed at how folks don't make the connection between the streets and the home. I know trauma blinds but man..

/end slightly-related rant.

- peace
I think there is a line between "abuse" and "discipline" and you are using them interchangeably. Or are you saying that, in your opinion, physical discipline always equates abuse?

Abuse does beget abuse. These situations you named are abuse.

I am mentioning this because I did not get the impression Khasm was referring to abuse from his mother when he spoke of harder discipline.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back