Black People : Was It Right For This Father To Be Arrested for Whipping His Girls?

MsVeraisblessed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2012
Dayton, OH – A father who beat his two daughters with a cord has been charged with child endangerment and corporal punishment.
Greg Horn, 35, whipped his daughters, ages 12 and 14, with a video cable after walking in on the girls recording themselves “twerking.” Twerking involves wobbling or jiggling the hips and buttocks. Or, to borrow Miley Cyrus’s definition, “It’s a lot of booty action.”

Father indicted for whipping his daughters over a twerking video

Greg-Horn-309x385.jpg

-------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure you heard or seen the story by now about the black father who whipped his 2 daughters with a cable cord, causing welts and open sores on their bodies, for making a twerking video. And apparently, the mother saw what he did and she called the police and the arrest was made. He was indicted, charged with child abuse, and corporal punishment.

Well, because of this fathers action and the fact that he got arrested for disciplining his daughters, people started questioning his parental skills.. Some went to say that he was wrong for doing that while others applaud his actions.

Well I'm on the fence on this. I leaning more on him being wrong in what he did. These are growing girls whose bodies haven't quite developed and him, being bigger and stronger, whipping the girls with cable cords was really out of line. He could've just used the belt instead and/or punished them by groundation and left it that... Would you agree?

So heres my questions...Do any of you think that this was justified? Was he wrong?, right? Did he go to far? Is it his job to discipline the girls? or the mother's? What would you have done if you was in his position?

I feel that because of "spankings" or "whippings" are considered as abuse, people these days are out there being killers and other crazy stuff. I feel that whippings should not have been outlawed but don't take it out of hand. I don't feel what he whipped his girls with was justified, and it also depends on if he has seriously injured his children or not.

I feel that because of "spankings" or "whippings" are considered as abuse and is, people these day are out there being killers and other crazy stuff. I feel that whippings should not have been outlawed but don't take it out of hand. I don't feel what he whipped his girls with was justified, and it also depends on if he has seriously injured his children or not.

i agree. cable cords can do some serious damage.. maybe he should've just let the mother discipline them instead?

Coming from a household where I was whipped I feel it was justified. However, I think it is up to both parents to disciple the children with the head of the house making the final call. The fact that the mother called the authorites under these circumstances was too far. In a perfect situation he shouldn't whoop his children in anger...but sometimes you just get caught up!

Dayton, OH – A father who beat his two daughters with a cord has been charged with child endangerment and corporal punishment.
Greg Horn, 35, whipped his daughters, ages 12 and 14, with a video cable after walking in on the girls recording themselves “twerking.” Twerking involves wobbling or jiggling the hips and buttocks. Or, to borrow Miley Cyrus’s definition, “It’s a lot of booty action.”

Father indicted for whipping his daughters over a twerking video

Greg-Horn-309x385.jpg

-------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure you heard or seen the story by now about the black father who whipped his 2 daughters with a cable cord, causing welts and open sores on their bodies, for making a twerking video. And apparently, the mother saw what he did and she called the police and the arrest was made. He was indicted, charged with child abuse, and corporal punishment.

Well, because of this fathers action and the fact that he got arrested for disciplining his daughters, people started questioning his parental skills.. Some went to say that he was wrong for doing that while others applaud his actions.

Well I'm on the fence on this. I leaning more on him being wrong in what he did. These are growing girls whose bodies haven't quite developed and him, being bigger and stronger, whipping the girls with cable cords was really out of line. He could've just used the belt instead and/or punished them by groundation and left it that... Would you agree?

So heres my questions...Do any of you think that this was justified? Was he wrong?, right? Did he go to far? Is it his job to discipline the girls? or the mother's? What would you have done if you was in his position?

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Okay, I think I have enough information to cast an opinion MsVeraisblessed, here we go.

Being from the "old school" mind-set, I only question his use of the "video cable cord." And this bothers me:

According to the police report, one of the girls had visible welts on her legs and open wounds in the thigh area from being beaten with the video cable. The girls’ mother noticed the wounds and called police.

same link source

If the above report is true, he obviously went over board with the punishment. The offense, twerking, is what caused him to lose it, and I definitely understand how this Dad felt, wow. The kids also lied about it; so two offenses occurred:

Although it was initially reported that the girls were beaten for recording themselves twerking, they told police they were beaten for sneaking out of the house. The reason the incident is caught on video is because the girls were still recording the video when the father walked in. It doesn’t appear that he was aware that the camera was recording.
Read more at

Finally, the wife is involved to a great degree, did she wonder what would happen to her husband before calling the police? Or, was what she saw enough to trigger her to bring in law enforcement, this is a tough case, for real. Consider this:

Ultimately, even though the video had gone viral and left many wondering why the police hadn’t been notified, it was the mother’s intervention that led to an arrest.

Was it the pressure from the video going viral that triggered the mother to call Police? It has the appearance that Mom wasn't going to involve outsiders.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back