Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of the Diaspora,

The Worst States for Black Americans

Racial disparities in social and economic outcomes exist in all parts of the United States. Black Americans make about 62 cents for every dollar earned by white Americans. Black Americans are also twice as likely to be unemployed and considerably more likely to live in poverty.

According to Dr. Valerie Wilson, Program Director on Race and Ethnicity in the Economy at the Economic Policy Institute, “You’re never going to find a state or city where the outcome for blacks are better than for whites.” For centuries, there have been stark differences in the conditions and opportunities black Americans have faced.

Based on an examination of a number of socio-economic measures, 24/7 Wall St. identified the worst states for black Americans.

10. Arkansas
> Pct. residents black: 15.7%
> Black homeownership rate: 42.8% (15th highest)
> Black incarceration rate: 2,432 per 100,000 people (24th highest)
> Black unemployment rate: 16.5% (tied-4th highest)
> Unemployment rate, all people: 7.8% (14th highest)

Remaining 9 States:
http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/12/09/the-worst-states-for-black-americans/3/

I agree with New Jersey being on that list. I recently moved to New Jersey from Long Island NY; and it's a gigantic culture shock. Like night and day!

In New Jersey, almost all of the inner-cities (which mostly house blacks&hispanics) are HORRIFIC and impoverished; and the suburbs (which mostly house whites) are almost all well-to-do or at least stable. The economic/racial inequality in Jersey is disgusting and reminds me of the stories that i've heard about South Africa. The crime is at epidemic proportions, especially in&around Essex County/Newark...carjackings are rampant out here. Newark and Camden REDEFINE the meaning of ratchet!!

Of course Long Island wasn't all perfect but at least most of the blacks there were somewhere on the middle class spectrum and owned decent suburban homes. So things weren't that bad; the main issue for Long Island was the disparity in access to education based on race, since diverse school districts tended to perform lower.

I agree with New Jersey being on that list. I recently moved to New Jersey from Long Island NY; and it's a gigantic culture shock. Like night and day!

In New Jersey, almost all of the inner-cities (which mostly house blacks&hispanics) are HORRIFIC and impoverished; and the suburbs (which mostly house whites) are almost all well-to-do or at least stable. The economic/racial inequality in Jersey is disgusting and reminds me of the stories that i've heard about South Africa. The crime is at epidemic proportions, especially in&around Essex County/Newark...carjackings are rampant out here. Newark and Camden REDEFINE the meaning of ratchet!!

Of course Long Island wasn't all perfect but at least most of the blacks there were somewhere on the middle class spectrum and owned decent suburban homes. So things weren't that bad; the main issue for Long Island was the disparity in access to education based on race, since diverse school districts tended to perform lower.

All good points, thanks for sharing ... To boot and in addition to all of that, smh, the Governor is none other than Chris Christie:

:facepalm:

All good points, thanks for sharing ... To boot and in addition to all of that, smh, the Governor is none other than Chris Christie:

:facepalm:

Great point too

And it's only gonna get worse since NYC is gentrifying and a lot of the poor of NYC will be pushed into the inner-cities of NJ, since these areas have the cheapest housing in the entire New York Metro area. Nothing against the poor but as history has repeatedly shown, the higher the concentration of poverty; the higher the crime tends to be. I really hate to admit this but Jersey will really be a disaster in 10 to 20 years or so.

Also, Atlantic City is pretty much closing down completely so this will make that area even worse. Camden has always been a hopeless wasteland so they've been done for a while.

I really feel for this state! I've lived in jersey for about 4 months now but eventually I do wanna leave.

Thanks ... And don't forget about New York cops slowing down, smh:

NYC police commissioner confirms 'widespread' police slowdown

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York City's police commissioner conceded for the first time on Friday that there has been a widespread work slowdown by police officers after the number of arrests plummeted in recent weeks, although he suggested it was coming to end.
http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-police-commissioner-confirms-widespread-police-slowdown-210239735.html

Great point too

And it's only gonna get worse since NYC is gentrifying and a lot of the poor of NYC will be pushed into the inner-cities of NJ, since these areas have the cheapest housing in the entire New York Metro area. Nothing against the poor but as history has repeatedly shown, the higher the concentration of poverty; the higher the crime tends to be. I really hate to admit this but Jersey will really be a disaster in 10 to 20 years or so.

Also, Atlantic City is pretty much closing down completely so this will make that area even worse. Camden has always been a hopeless wasteland so they've been done for a while.

I really feel for this state! I've lived in jersey for about 4 months now but eventually I do wanna leave.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back