Black People : It's best and worst of times for black Americans, Henry Louis Gates tells Dallas audience

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of the State of Black America,

It's best and worst of times for black Americans, Henry Louis Gates tells Dallas audience

If Martin Luther King or Malcolm X were to see our country today, what would we tell them?

Henry Louis Gates Jr., Harvard University professor and Emmy Award-winning filmmaker, said this is the premise behind his new documentary series, Black America Since MLK: And Still I Rise, which looks at the last five decades of black history ...

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/soci...-documentary-dives-five-decades-black-history

1478233093-NMC_3gates6AJ.jpg

Henry Louis Gates Jr. (right) spoke with Plano Mayor Harry LaRosiliere and Bank of America's Gillian Breidenbach (center), before previewing his documentary Black America Since MLK: And Still I Rise at The Room on Main Street in Dallas on Thursday. (Andy Jacobsohn/Staff Photographer)

We wouldn't be telling them anything, Martin would be carrying Hillary on his back wherever she pointed & Malcolm would be so enraged that he would be taking pot shots at Martin with his infamous deadly Carbine.

View attachment 7516

If Malcolm were our president from 2008 to 2016, as a people our problems may not cease to exist, they would however be drastically minimized.

Although I fully understand where you are coming from and why, but I most profusely disagree with you about Malcolm and Martin's actions, especially on Malcolm's presidency. Unless the 113th Congress was Black controlled, Malcolm would fair no better than Mr. Obama has.

Not true elder, some are looking at the devil in the details, which is to say, the 113th Congress:
2013-02-22-113CongressPic.jpg

https://destee.com/threads/obama-losing-black-appeal.77328/page-4#post-823389

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back