Black Entertainment : THE REVOLUTION OF CLASSIC SOUL........

SOULDEEP3

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 8, 2003
....IS HITTING US LIKE A QUIET STORM....I FEEL IT WITHIN MY SOUL.....ERYKAH BADU, JILL SCOTT,D'ANGELO,LAURYN HILL,INDIA ARIE, ANGIE STONE,MAXWELL & A SELECT FEW OTHERS SET IT OFF.....NOW WE HAVE FLOETRY,KEMESTRY,HEATHER HEADLEY,KINDRED, ANTHONY HAMILTON,& MORE OF OUR CONSCIOUS FAMILY BRINGING THE BLACKNESS WITH WISDOM WITHIN THEIR LYRICS,AS WELL AS THAT[BUTTERSOUL - FROM- BACK-IN-THE-DAYS PRODUCTIONS] ...I SINCERELY FEEL THAT THIS MUSIC IS NOT ONLY WHAT'S ESSENTIAL THESE DAYS,BUT IT'S GONNA HELP OUR PEOPLE GET OURSELVES TOGETHER & HEAL US IN THESE TROUBLING & DANGEROUS TIMES IN WHICH WE LIVE....WHO'S FEELIN' ME ON THIS?:heart: :love: :heart:

I enjoy a good amount of these artists but referring them as being black conscious is a little odd to me. I think most capture a refreshing sound of depth and soul of the life of some black people. I think they do trigger a sense of “thinking out of the box” from the “oh so popular” R & B topics such as bad relationships, cheating, and falling in love. But these artist’s topics that are mentioned are pretty vague as being conscious because they are still trying to reach a broad audience that aren’t trying to hear “black power” or “build the community”. They are still trying to make music that people will enjoy, have a steady cash flow, and be known. That is why they joined the business, right? I guess I wish there were more artists that are a little more blunt. *shrugs*

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back