Black Entertainment : THE REVOLUTION OF CLASSIC SOUL........

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by SOULDEEP3, Sep 28, 2003.

1. SOULDEEP3

SOULDEEP3 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    ....IS HITTING US LIKE A QUIET STORM....I FEEL IT WITHIN MY SOUL.....ERYKAH BADU, JILL SCOTT,D'ANGELO,LAURYN HILL,INDIA ARIE, ANGIE STONE,MAXWELL & A SELECT FEW OTHERS SET IT OFF.....NOW WE HAVE FLOETRY,KEMESTRY,HEATHER HEADLEY,KINDRED, ANTHONY HAMILTON,& MORE OF OUR CONSCIOUS FAMILY BRINGING THE BLACKNESS WITH WISDOM WITHIN THEIR LYRICS,AS WELL AS THAT[BUTTERSOUL - FROM- BACK-IN-THE-DAYS PRODUCTIONS] ...I SINCERELY FEEL THAT THIS MUSIC IS NOT ONLY WHAT'S ESSENTIAL THESE DAYS,BUT IT'S GONNA HELP OUR PEOPLE GET OURSELVES TOGETHER & HEAL US IN THESE TROUBLING & DANGEROUS TIMES IN WHICH WE LIVE....WHO'S FEELIN' ME ON THIS?:heart: :love: :heart:

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I most def feel u on this these are names of new breed
    the conscious black awareness......power to the people!

3. Eisha

Eisha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am really feeling this. I'm kinda into Classic Soul and Old School vibes as well. Its relaxing and soothing. Some of the artist that you named are actually my favorte ones.

4. chaos

chaos Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +0
    I enjoy a good amount of these artists but referring them as being black conscious is a little odd to me. I think most capture a refreshing sound of depth and soul of the life of some black people. I think they do trigger a sense of “thinking out of the box” from the “oh so popular” R & B topics such as bad relationships, cheating, and falling in love. But these artist’s topics that are mentioned are pretty vague as being conscious because they are still trying to reach a broad audience that aren’t trying to hear “black power” or “build the community”. They are still trying to make music that people will enjoy, have a steady cash flow, and be known. That is why they joined the business, right? I guess I wish there were more artists that are a little more blunt. *shrugs*