Black People : The Privatization of Water: Nestlé Denies that Water is a Fundamental Human Right

Historical trivia: when the state of Utah was first settled, the state claimed ownership of all water in order to ensure that it was equally distributed, rather than one settler laying claim to a river or lake and hogging all the water for himself, or selling it at usurious rates.
For modern application, bottled water is a joke. Paying for water? James is right: air is next.
America has the purest culinary water of any country in the world, and yet uses more bottled water than any other country, or group of countries. What is with that?

While I agree with the Thread's title, however:

The Privatization of Water: Nestlé Denies that Water is a Fundamental Human Right

exception is taken to this statement CraigK:

"For modern application, bottled water is a joke. Paying for water? James is right: air is next.America has the purest culinary water of any country in the world, and yet uses more bottled water than any other country, or group of countries. What is with that?"

Take a look into this Thread discussion for the current facts relating to contamination and shortage of our water supply:

World may be forced to go vegetarian by 2050, scientists say
Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Clyde Coger, Aug 27, 2012

http://www.destee.com/index.php?thr...o-go-vegetarian-by-2050-scientists-say.73005/

http://www.destee.com/index.php?thr...-2050-scientists-say.73005/page-5#post-756908

We had a very robust conversation in which it turns out that some don't believe there will be a crisis, and some believe there's manipulation; either way, we have a water issue which is not reflective of the world's best culinary system.

Peace In,

How long ago did I put a post up here about this? Then I referred everyone to something called "Blue Gold". This has been in the works for well over 20 years now!! While we are sitting up here discussing politics, rights, movements and all else, I informed you that it is way past that....it is down to literal survival for us with just the basics!!!

How long ago did I put a post up here about this? Then I referred everyone to something called "Blue Gold". This has been in the works for well over 20 years now!! While we are sitting up here discussing politics, rights, movements and all else, I informed you that it is way past that....it is down to literal survival for us with just the basics!!!

Next time, do your own search, lol:

http://www.destee.com/index.php?threads/blue-gold-world-water-wars-full-film.69913/

And we talked about it in Chat.

no it has to do with the facts, and how can you refute what I said about Kwanzaa by saying the same thing, lets be honest you mean to tell me as a grown woman you actually believe that letter writing does more impact then a national boycott?
http://www.downsizedc.org/blog/congress-obviously-doesnt-read-your-letters

When it comes to privatization of water, writing letters to ones congress people is as effective as a boycott. And notice I said "boycott" sans the "national." I don't seriously think any one person could call for a national boycott and it be effective (except maybe Ralph Nader.... btw, whatever happened to him? :11200:). It would take a national organization, or maybe a half dozen RESPECTED national organization to even attempt to pull something like that off. One that like Ralph Nader, with national newsworthiness and appeal.

That's the prob with being "ahead of one's time." You can see the rider on the pale horse before most and all you can do is be like Cassandra, crying in the wilderness, hoping to awaken others before the "hell following after him" catches up. (excuse all the metaphors and eclectic references lol).

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back