Black Spirituality Religion : THE ORIGIN OF THE “VIRGIN BIRTH” CONCEPT...

Aqil

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 3, 2001
New York
Christians the world over still celebrate Christmas on December 25th, when astronomers and historians – both secular and ecclesiastical – unanimously agree that December 25th of the year 1 AD was not the authentic date of the birth of Jesus Christ. As a matter of fact, December 25, 1 AD is incorrect in regards to both the day and the year...

The responsibility for this error lies at the door of the Scythian monk Dionysius Exiguus, who made several mistakes and miscalculations. He lived in Rome, and in the year 532 AD he was instructed to fix the beginning of the New Era by working back through the years. But he forgot the year 0, which should have been placed between the years 1 BC and 1 AD. He also overlooked the four years that the Roman Emperor Augustus had reigned under his own name, “Octavian.”

The Biblical tradition gives us this clear indication: “Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of Herod the king...” (Matt. 2:1). We know from numerous contemporary sources who Herod was, and when he lived and reigned. In 40 BC, Herod was designated King of Judea by the Romans. His reign ended with his death in 4 BC. Jesus must therefore have been born before 4 BC, as we shall see – but first, the real reason why December 25th was chosen as the birth date of Jesus Christ.

(It should be said here, however, that the choosing of this date for the celebration of Christmas was purely astronomical in nature, and it would take a profound knowledge of astronomy and astrology to fully comprehend the cosmic and esoteric significance of Christmas.)

December 25 is referred to in documents as Christmas Day in the year 354 AD for the first time. Under the Roman Emperor Justinian (ca. 527-565 AD), it was recognized as an official holiday. An old Roman festival played a major part in the choice of this particular day. In ancient Rome December 25th was the “Dies Natalis Invicti,” i.e., the “Birthday of the Unconquered Sun”; the third day after the Winter Solstice, and, at the same time, the last day of the “Feast of Saturnalia,” which had long since degenerated into a week of unbridled carnivals, and therefore a time when the Christians could feel most safe from persecution. Here is its cosmic and esoteric significance:

The Sun enters the sign Capricorn on the 21st of December. This is the lowest point of the Sun’s arc (i.e., 23°27' south declination). In other words, the Sun can go no further south. It is directly below the Earth (or in "Hell"). For three days (the 21st, 22nd and 23rd) he (the Sun or Savior) is stationary, or in darkness (crucified).

And now it is Christmas Eve (the 24th); he (the Sun or Savior) begins to move, and at midnight on the 25th he is born, as the constellation Virgo rises in the eastern hemisphere of the Heavens (hence “born of a virgin”), and 1° Libra (the sign of peace) rises on the eastern horizon of the ecliptic, along the zodiac belt.

The sign Capricorn thus becomes the “manger” in which the Sun (or Savior of the world) is born. This is the cosmic significance and the esoteric interpretation of the celebration of Christmas, or “Christ’s Mass,” i.e., the “Birth of the Sun” Mass...

Whereas, according to the above, the Sun of God is born on December 25th of every year, Jesus Christ, the earthly son of God, was not born on this date. He was born on September 8, 7 BC, having been conceived around the time of the Winter Solstice in 8 BC. He was born under the astrological sign Virgo, which is another cosmic verification of the Biblical expression, “born of a virgin.”

The “immaculate conception” myth was the result of some immaculate deception on the part of some of the Biblical translators, who developed the “virgin birth” idea by misinterpreting a prophecy made by the prophet Isaiah, who lived some 700 years before Jesus was born. The prophecy is found in Isaiah 7:14, which reads: “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name “Immanuel.” The name “Immanuel” means “God be with us.” As the Bible abounds with occult knowledge, this verse is interpreted esoterically as follows:

The only virgin that can bear a son and still remain a virgin is Virgo, the sign that gives birth to a sun every year between August 23rd and September 23rd.

In his rabbinical writings, Isaac Abravanel (1437-1508), the great Jewish theologian and scholar, states that the ancient astrologers predicted the appearance of the Messiah when there was a conjunction of the planets Jupiter and Saturn in the sign Pisces. Thus it is quite conceivable that the great prophet Isaiah, being skilled in the knowledge of astrology, knew that a great conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn would occur in Pisces – the astrological sign of the ancient Israelites – in 7 BC, the year of the birth of Jesus Christ...

Astronomical records show that in the year 7 BC the planets Jupiter and Saturn formed exact conjunctions three times. Mathematical calculations further establish that these three great conjunctions were clearly visible in the eastern Mediterranean area. The brightness of the light of this great conjunction was the “star” the Biblical Wise Men (who were Chaldean astrologers) saw “in the first rays of dawn,” on the meridian over the city of Bethlehem in Palestine. Having no knowledge of astrology, the Biblical translators had to therefore conceive the “immaculate conception” myth...

Xmas is an abbreviation of the word Christmas...the X representing the Greek letter chi for "Kristos." This abbreviation has been used for hundreds of years. In modern use it is considered informal and appropriate only in such commercial contexts as advertisements and signs...

The concept of Christmas originated in ancient Egypt in the days of King Osiris and Queen Isis around about 3000 BC. After the untimely death of King Osiris, his wife, Isis, propogated the demonic doctrine of the survival of Osiris as a spirit. She claimed a full grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead stump, symbolizing the new life of the Osiris spirit from his death. On each anniversary of Osiris birth, which was the date we now know as December 25th, Isis would leave gifts around this tree.

Isis became the "Queen of Heaven," and Osiris became the reborn "divine son of Heaven." Osiris later became, through the later Phoenicans, Baal, the Sun-god. The "mother and child" became chief objects of worship by the Babylonians, from which it spread over the world under various names, such as, "Cybel" and "Deoius" in Asia, "Fortuna" and "Jupiter" in pagan Rome.

Then during the 4th and 5th century, the Romans, under the new popular "Christianity," popularized the "mother and child" concept especially around Christmas time - from which we have many of the Christmas carols such as "Silent Night, Holy Night" with its familiar "mother and child" theme...

The word "Christmas" is derived from "Mass of Christ" or "Christ's Mass." The Christmas festival came to the Protestants and the secular world from the Roman Catholic church. However, the Roman Catholic church did NOT get Christmas from the original Apostles. It's not even in the Bible...

Now just in case you may think I just have something personally against Christmas, or, as the psychologists would say, "I just had a bad childhood so I feel bad about Christmas," or, even worse, "I belong to a religious cult!"...let us see what the Catholic and secular encyclopedias themselves say about Christmas:

"Christmas was not among the earliest festivals of the Church...the first evidence of the feast is from Egypt."

"Pagan customs centering around the January calends gravitated to Christmas."

"...In the Scriptures, no one is recorded to have kept a feast or held a great banquet on his [Jesus] birthday. It is only sinners who make great rejoicings over the day in which they were born into this world."

Catholic Encyclopedia, 1911 Edition, published by the Roman Catholic Church

"...Christmas was not among the earliest festivals of the church...."

Encyclopedia Britannica, 1946 edition

"Christmas... It was, according to many authorities, not celebrated in the first centuries of the Christian church, as the Christian usage in general was to celebrate the death of remarkable persons [e.g., Communion - death of Christ] rather than their birth..."

"...A feast was established in memory of this event [the birth of Jesus] in the 4th century. In the 5th century the Western Church ordered it to be celebrated forever 'on the day of the old Roman Feast of The Birth of Sol' [i.e., the Sun], as no certain knowledge of the day of Christ's birth existed."

Encyclopedia Americana, 1944 Edition

Christmas was not celebrated by the Church until the 4th century. Christians did NOT celebrate Christmas for the first 300 years - longer than the entire history of the United States of America...

gentleman,

while i find this discourse enlightening and interesting my question here is this. while we are well aware that many different religions were based on concepts from different cultures i am wondering what the underline purpose is of this topic. Aqil, I have respected your information and topics for you, much like Amun-Ra, attempts to stay within the neutral balance of religin. What i mean is that you provide information pertaining Christiantiy as well as Judaism and Islam. But once again, what is the purpose of this information? Is it to dispel the basic tenets of the Chrisitan faith?

there are many facets of the Bible that can be argued as incorrect but the question is how will that change the way one's faith system is structured? Even when we look at the Old Testament, which is found in most religions, there are things that can be assumed to be highly impossible. Such as the parting of the red Sea in Moses era. Or the "Giant size" of Goliath in David and Goliath. How about the "the bush that burned but was not consumed."

Normally i would come in with a slew of information going point for point with inaccuracies but i find that in this forum there is more effort wasted on aligning Christianity with other cultures and beliefs then needs to be. We all have our faith systems whether it be some form of Christianity, Jusdaism, Atheism, Islam, Buddhism or any of the other 350,000 faiths here in the U.S. alone.

We must remember that the Bible, Talmud, and Koran are the "inspired word of God." Who are we to attempt to take that away by proving it factual through the research of historians and astrologers. Astrology was a major part of Biblical times. It actually played a bigger part in the Old Testament than the NT. There has never been a specific date stated in the bible for the Day of birth for Christ. Neither was there a determination of how long a year was when it pertained to a person's age. In biblical times, men lived to be way over 100 years old:
Genesis 7:6 Now Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of water came upon the earth

Numbers 33:39 Aaron was one hundred twenty-three years old when he died on Mount Hor.
[\quote]

Please note this is not an attempt to start an argument but to understand the premise behind the information. It just has been a place where subtle attempts are made to disprove the foundations of Christianty and i am just curious as to why.

Het Kemet, thanks for the words. I have read your comments but i did not really pay attention to the scripture references. I still got your back on that...

Over all, i am enjopying the information given just wondering about the purpose...

Aqil, i'm sure you would not take this as a personal attack but as a question of curiosity. We have always had good and respectful discussions and i surely am not attempting to destroy that. This question actually goes out to those who have taken the liberty to not be as cordial as you have been.

One.

dnommo:

Prophet Muhammad (saw) admonished us as Muslims to "seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave." My threads/posts here in this forum are manifestations of my Prophet's admonition. Being a former Christian who has extensively studied the Christian holy book has contributed to my knowledge of the religion, and one of my main purposes is to compare and relate what I was taught and learned as a Christian to what I was taught and have learned as a Muslim.

I am also an astrologer, and much of my religious and philosophical thought is rooted in my knowledge of the cosmic art and divine science of astrology. (See my thread titled, "Astrology: The True Religion.") I am a Capricorn, which means that I will always seek answers...I must know why...it is my nature to seek the bottom line, and reason has to be the root of my religion...

I was greatly inspired upon reading the following Biblical passage, written by King Solomon circa 1035 BC. It contains, imo, some of the most profound words ever written. It can be found in The Apocrypha, a collection of deuterocanonical (i.e., “second law”) books of the Bible, in a book called “The Wisdom of Solomon.” (The word “apocrypha” means “hidden,” and was often applied to books that were withheld from circulation because the authorship was in doubt or the teachings had been questioned.)

The compilers and scripture-makers of the Bible chose instead another book written by Solomon to be included in the canonized Bible, called “The Song of Solomon.” It is actually a love song written by Solomon when he was only 19 years old...and in the honeymoon of a thousand (i.e., 700 wives and 300 concubines) debaucheries! Here are the words of Solomon in his later years, when he was close to God...

“May God grant that I speak with judgment,
and have thoughts worthy of what I
have received,
for He is the guide even of wisdom
and the corrector of the wise.

For both we and our words are in His
hand, as are all understanding and skill in crafts.

For it is He who gave me unerring
knowledge of what exists,
to know the structure of the world and
the activity of the elements;
the beginning and end and middle of
times,
the alternations of the solstices and the
changes of the seasons,
the cycles of the year and the
constellations of the stars,
the natures of animals and the tempers
of wild beasts,
the powers of spirits and the
reasonings of men,
the varieties of plants and the virtues
of roots.

I learned both what is secret and what
is manifest, for wisdom, the fashioner of all things,
taught me. For in her there is a spirit that is:

intelligent, holy,
unique, manifold, subtle,
mobile, clear, unpolluted,
distinct, invulnerable, loving the good,
keen,
irresistible, beneficent, humane,
steadfast, sure, free from anxiety,
all-powerful, overseeing all,
and penetrating through all spirits
that are intelligent and pure and most
subtle.

For wisdom is more mobile than any motion;
because of her pureness she pervades
and penetrates all things.

For she is a breath of the power of God,
and a pure emanation of the glory of
the Almighty; therefore nothing defiled gains
entrance into her.

For she is a reflection of eternal light;
a spotless mirror of the working of God,
and an image of His goodness.

Though she is but one, she can do all things,
and while remaining in herself, she renews all things;
in every generation she passes into holy souls,
and makes them friends of God, and prophets.

For God loves nothing so much as the
man who lives with wisdom.
For she is more beautiful than the sun,
and excels every constellation of the stars.

Compared with the light she is found
to be superior, for it is succeeded by the night;
but against wisdom evil does not prevail.

She reaches mightily from one end of
the Earth to the other,
and she orders all things well.”

(The Wisdom of Solomon, 7: 15-30: 8:1,
Books of the Apocrypha)

I am of the opinion that “The Wisdom of Solomon” should have been included in the canonized Bible instead of “The Song of Solomon.”

I do have an ulterior motive, dnommo...my ulterior motive is truth...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back