Black People : The Jayson Blair / New York Times Affair

....that, as a journalist, the news industry/media has the most abysmal hiring record regarding people of color, yet people of color are the leading consumers of television, radio, and print media.

They have (meaning the media) documented this yearly...while at the same time 'slamming' coporate America, for its hiring record...which is better than many media outlets.

No, the folks at the Times KNEW what was going on...they just wanted to make an example out of this brother, just like the Washington Post (or another paper--I think she worked for the Post at the time she was busted) made an example out of Janet Cooke a few years back.

In the last few years, we have seen white writers busted, fired, and drummed out of the media business for plagarism, etc...only to get better jobs somewhere else. We even have a few 'sitting' US Senators who have had problems with plagarism in the past, and still are in the Senate (Joe Biden comes to mind).

Bottom line...the brother is going to be even more powerful when he gets back on his feet. And, I pray that with the knowledge he has...he starts his OWN company.

Mike Ramey

Looks like you weren't too far off....

http://www.jayson-blair.com/

(And I wonder if they ever made that movie about Janet Cooke) :?:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back