Black People Politics : The Clinton Legacy Is Black Impoverishment—so Why Are We Still Voting for Hillary?

Let's be clear. "WE" aren't all voting for Hillary. I don't believe Ben Carson will and there will be other Black Americans that won't, including me, who are taking a risk by voting for someone and something different. Pay close attention to your stock portfolios for those that have them because Wall Street is about to lose its mind!

The title of the article is:
The Clinton Legacy Is Black Impoverishment

But then goes on to state:

When Bill Clinton ran for president in 1992, urban black communities across America were suffering from economic collapse. Hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs had vanished as factories moved overseas in search of cheaper labor, a new plantation. Globalization and deindustrialization affected workers of all colors but hit African Americans particularly hard.

Unemployment rates among young black men had quadrupled as the rate of industrial employment plummeted. Crime rates spiked in inner-city communities that had been dependent on factory jobs, while hopelessness, despair and crack addiction swept neighborhoods that had once been solidly working-class. Millions of black folks—many of whom had fled Jim Crow segregation in the South with the hope of obtaining decent work in Northern factories—were suddenly trapped in racially segregated, jobless ghettos.

Interesting contradiction

But Ben Jealous breaks it down further:

Bush Sr. was an obvious oligarch, not to mention his connections with CIA operations.
At that time it was Bush Sr or Bill Clinton

But let's see about Obama:

The Expansion of Black American Misery under Barack Obama’s Watch

by Dr. Reginald Clark

Black folks are not only far worse off “since 2009 under President Obama’s economic and job creation policies” – Africans Americans are the only group that “has taken a definitive step backwards since then.” The main reason: “lack of attention to employment in urban and rural geographic areas where Blacks reside.”

Read more...

Regardless...

If one had to cross a "lake of fire" and had these as options:

A) "wooden boat"
B) "metal boat"​

Which would one choose?

Think about it in more practical terms... this is a lake of fire, something is not going to go as planned.

• The wood could survive the journey, but potentially catch on fire as well as oneself
  • The metal will be more durable, but one would probably be sizzling like bacon in it

One would say... have to find better designs after surviving the journey, and not using the same options to decide from.

But when we see many still arguing over the "wooden boat" or the "metal boat", should others feel guilty about not wanting any part of that debate?

Boyd Watkins sums this up nicely below...

"Pay attention to this during the pResidential election... Democrats tend to come around and be very sensitive to black people typically when it's time to get elected and they want to stand up for your "voting rights", they want to defend your "voting rights". So what they'll do is they'll go to churches and they'll evoke all this emotional imagery, and they'll say things like 'well back when we marched in Selma people died so we can have the right to vote we're not going to let the Republicans take away your right to vote...' well, think about that for a second, why do you think they care so much about protecting your voting rights?

It's because they want you to show up and vote for them"

Notice Sanders talks about the "street corner" children, and people in the congregation say "THAT'S RIGHT, THAT'S RIGHT"

Bernie Sanders attends a church with other political officials, where pastor claims "ALL LIVES MATTER"

Should Bernie, Cornell and the other black politicians have to defend their presence there?
Because "ALL LIVES MATTER" is racist to "BLACK LIVES MATTER"

I mean this pastor just said "if you're wrong, you're wrong".... this is not the narrative that we want is it?

It's White is wrong, Black is right... BLACK POWER!

If someone seriously petitions Cynthia McKinney to back and run with Sanders, then like I said before... I could dig it.

Otherwise, pick a boat or stay out of the lake.

I'm not a Hillary supporter, but I'm voting for her. Bill Clinton was president, not Hillary.

I'm not the one who ever said Bill was the first Black president.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back