Black Women : Speaking up in a white work place etc.

I don't know if any you have experienced this or seen this but, when, in a white work place, a black women or man what's to speak up and a point, you either get:
1) Ignored
2) Fought- e.g. told that it is rubbish (the point that is)
and then after a while of trying you give up, then they suddenly say you didn't contribute at all.
What shall I do in such a situation. I find i have to shout and repeat myself and yet no one will listen and i find this very frustrating- I then end up having an 'attitude'

This is kind of tricky. You do have to walk a tight rope with this.

When I was very assertive at a past job, I was out in several weeks despite doing more work and better quality work than anyone prior to my appearance.

If you shout, you lose.

I find that bringing the facts works for me.
Don't use words people don't understand. Bring the information down to their level.
Also, hold your ground and let your piece be said. Sometimes others like to interrupt.

I don't know if any you have experienced this or seen this but, when, in a white work place, a black women or man what's to speak up and a point, you either get:
1) Ignored
2) Fought- e.g. told that it is rubbish (the point that is)
and then after a while of trying you give up, then they suddenly say you didn't contribute at all.
What shall I do in such a situation. I find i have to shout and repeat myself and yet no one will listen and i find this very frustrating- I then end up having an 'attitude'

Like in here, you must back up your point with plenty of facts. Shouting doesnt work woth them. They view that as angry, accept when they do it

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back