Black People : Skin Bleaching A Growing Concern In Jamaica

This is not an ish about abharent behavior and how can an article in a now right wing owned paper, change the perceptions of one of our most in need familiy in the Caribean

Before the sale of ownership; Huffington was a progresive web newspaper that would have plenty articles about the rising prices of food the end of the bauxite mining GDP and fruit export GDP that is creating Haitian like poverty there.

If ones cousin is sick it mite be good it find out what brought on the ilness

rather then kick a "Live in relative" out in the street, becuase she has found to have cancer.

There are cancerous tumors and cancerous thoughts and emotions as well

I don't understand what you are trying to say, i found the article very relevant. Skin bleaching cuts people life span almost in half, and i have feeling a lot of the autoimmune disorders which plagues mostly black people/women i.e Lupus, sacardosis, psoriasis. etc are caused by repetitive application of chemicals such as perms, skin bleach etc....

a lot of jamaicans have this brainwashed mentality, not all though. Vybz kartel has been cussed by the black caribbean community - bounty killer and mavado to name a few.

The mulattoes(alot of them look white) have always controlled jamaica and thought of themselves as better than the black majority. Rastafari wasn't accepted they frowned on it.

Why do we suffer from psychological damage when others are immune from it? Is it because we as black people lack an awareness of self which brings with it a sense of low self-esteem?

As far as skin bleaching goes, this is common amongst Indians, another dark people. Just google "Fair & White" videos or look on YT, and you'll see what I mean; also, Indian stores out here are stacked ot the brim with skin bleaching creams, even the vendor at the local store here (Indian) used this cream (at first, he was much darker than me and my husband; now, he's just a few shades darker).

When I asked him why he was selling the cream, he tried to blame African consumers. I told him that "I know what Fair & White is, and I know it's all over India". He seemed ashamed at that point.

I think Black people are more affected by psychological damage because we allow ourselves the CLOSEST CONTACT with Whites, compared to any other group of people. We even allow them into our religions, to F up our minds with their opposing ideology/way of perceiving the world.

If we'd stop subjecting ourselves to the madness of whites, stop constantly embracing whites, maybe then we could have a chance to actually repair the damage that has been done and build a strong, powerful, sovereign identity for ourselves again, as the wealthiest people, the wealthiest continent on the face of the planet.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back