Black Muslims : Shahrazad Ali on Black Man and Woman Relationships

The Black Man's Guide to Understanding the Black Woman
P_778469_821455.jpg

Brand Name: Shahrazad Ali
Item#/SKU: 7675
"I just got through reading Ms. Ali's book and I can't put it down. Every black man should read this book--it really gets inside a woman's mind to see what she thinks and what the rationale are behind her actions. A real page-turner! And for the women out there who don't like the book, it's only because there's something in there that they can identify with or see in themselves. Right on, Ms. Ali!"
  • Paperback
  • 184 pages
  • Dimensions (in inches): 0.42 x 8.46 x 5.39
  • Publisher: Civilized Publications
  • ISBN: 0933405014
  • (March 1990)

The Black Woman's Guide to Understanding the Black Man
P_778473_821483.jpg

Brand Name: Shahrazad Ali
Item#/SKU: 7676
"In her second offering of the type Ms Ali attempts to dissect the ego of the Black male. In a manner similar to The Blackman's Guide she chooses to focus her analysis on the least civilized specimen in society. However, unlike the previous book she chooses to evoke feelings of sympathy, rather than contempt, toward the subject of this work. Like most of her writings her ideas are beneficial, but you have to be careful to take the best part and build from there. The Blackwoman's Guide IS useful, in that it describes the world that my children will inherit. For future generations who will raise and educate Black men she points out those character flaws common to many in our society, thereby providing a guideline of those traits that we may want to stress or reinforce more often with our male children. Ms. Ali ends this work with an analysis of male leaders from history. While her ideas may seem biased she opened the door toward honest criticism of Black leadership in America. While I don't agree with all of her conclusions, I do see her point in evaluating various characteristics and techniques of leadership, and intend to pass this on to my children."
  • Paperback
  • 256 pages
  • Dimensions (in inches): 0.57 x 8.43 x 5.31
  • Publisher: Civilized Pubns
  • ISBN: 0933405030
  • (April 1992)
http://www.houseofnubian.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/product-id/778473.html

“He claims that his woman can’t handle the truth very well, but the Blackman does not assimilate with it any better than she does. There are many truths that he will not acknowledge about himself. Truths which are verifiable according to his original nature, but have become distorted and perverted. Some of the daily issues he refuses to recognize as true are:

1. He will not admit that Blackwomen should dress more modestly because that position requires him to change his immoral ideas and adulterous reactions to her nudity
  2. He won’t admit that he has sacrificed the Black child’s life by not fulfilling his responsibilities as a father.
  3. He can’t agree with a self-help platform because it necessitates his becoming qualified to be independent using his own steam.
  4. He can’t admit that the civil-rights movement failed because it’s easier to have blind faith in a system than to abandon it.
  5. He can’t acknowledge that Black boys need to be in a separate school to address their special needs because he will have to take a more active role in their education.
  6. He won’t admit that he could exert more control over the drug influx in his neighborhood because it would demand he take action to remove the problem.
  7. He can’t agree that his woman rules him or that he is afraid of her because he prefers to use her misbehavior as an excuse to do the negative things he does himself.
  8. He won’t say that he dislikes seeing Blackwomen with whitemen because it is an unpopular stand and could get him expelled from certain circles.
  9. He doesn’t admit that he really does want to be in charge of his wife and family because he is afraid of failure and the blame it entails.
  10. He can’t admit that the real reason he’s angry with the Asians who buy and operate businesses in his own neighborhood is simply because he doesn’t know how to operate a business himself.
  11. He won’t admit that he spends too much money outside of the African-American community because he is so enthralled with the material goodies produced by the Europeans and the Japanese.
  12. He can’t accept the fact that white folks are never going to give him reparations, or apologize to him for how badly he has been treated after slavery because he feels like a chump.
  13. He won’t acknowledge that he is never really as comfortable around whites as he is with his own kind because then he has to admit that the two races actually are different.
  14. He can’t admit that while he publicly claims to admire [Malcolm X] that he’s too scared to make moral judgments and stand up for what he believes in like [Malcolm] did.
  15. He certainly can’t admit that he would like to have two women because he has been convinced that it is wrong and unjustifiable.
  16. He can’t admit that it’s wrong for Blackmen to be homosexual because he doesn’t want to offend anyone, or force his values on others, plus he’s not sure on what basis he thinks it’s wrong.
  17. He can’t announce his feelings of helplessness because he thinks that he must always impress others of his massive strength even when there’s no proof that it even exists.
  18. He can’t admit that he doesn’t know how to express his Black culture other than wearing African clothes or symbols.
  19. He can’t admit that he has wasted a lot of time believing in and chasing rainbow colored dreams that never materialized.
  20. And finally, he can’t admit that he no longer has any confidence in the American political system as a solutional base for his problems because it would require him to develop independent strategies to reach his own goals.”

This is an excellent lecture by Shahrazad Ali and much needed:

What Timing!!!!!!?

I must tell you, I just finished briefing a thread that I commented on last week due to referring to this author and am so surprised to come back to the community and see that you have boldly placed this thread!!!!!

Well I gotta tell you that i first saw Ms. Ali many years ago on a talk show and it was controversial! But at that time, I loved her courage and statments in regards to the CRM and how the White woman feminist movement has harmed our plight. Now I didn't like some of the comments that she had made in regards to her book, but even at that time, I knew that her intent was NOT LITERAL. I am referring to her METAPHORS about the negative position Black men have been placed due to the rationale, false rationale, Blacm women have been appealed to attack in regards to Black men.

Even though i understood her METAPHORS then, I still didn't like her approach only because it seemed harsh and i chose not to buy her book. But I'm going to return to your thread and view the youtube you presented and I might reconsider buying her book after all of these years.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back