Black Women : Remember R. Kelly?

yaphet...in a perfect world there will be a perfect judicial system (or maybe there won't even be a need for one) but the point is, our world is not perfect and the public knows that. Nevertheless, I'm sure Kelly will have his opportunity to tell his side of the story. In the meantime though, it's difficult not to form some initial opinions about the whole story, especially when people come forward and admit they have some problems, as Kelly did in an interview. Is he denying that he has sex with underaged women or is he denying that the man on the video is him?

I agree with Sekhemu...let's bring the brother out of the closet, lurking in dark allies and let him know that our community doesn't support him preying on our young girls by not buying his records. Let's send him and others like him a strong and very clear message about that.

If we do this in spite of the fact that there are parents out there who don't know and don't care what their children are doing, in spite of the fact that there are young girls who willingly engage in such activities, it will make a resounding difference to these predators AND to the irresponsible parents and misguided children.

Now, I would imagine you would then say--okay that sounds reasonable but WHEN should the African American community do this--before the trial or after the trial? True, in the US judicial system, you're supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty." But let's face it yaphet....even though the Kelly's and Simpsons can afford the best attorneys in the world who can win their cases, in the eyes of the African American community, are they really innocent or have they simply managed to remain free on some legal technicalities?

Look at OJ after his famous trial. The African American community was shown on tv celebrating the jury's verdict of not guilty but I don't see us helping him to regain what he had lost in the form of contracts and endorsements afterwards. Why is that? Is it because we really don't believe he's innocent? Then why were we so jubilant over the verdict?

Kelly goes on television admitting that he has a problem and needs counseling. Writes songs about his fall from grace--and people run to the stores to buy his story. Why can't we chill on purchasing any more of his music, until AFTER the verdict then determine for ourselves his guilt or innocence.

I would agree with you Queen on a certain extent with R Kelly. Just wish they can get his trial on. If he is arrested and charged-where is the indictment? They would get more progress to get somebody to turn in a mob case than this one. Look, I am a civil libertarian as anyone but I support close to the boundary draconian measures as having the state child welfare agency take the victim from the parents, hold the parents' on many charges as general as obstruction of justice, hindering prosecution and conspiracy. Bring Sparkle in and get her cooperation by threatening to charge her with madam and other pandering laws with minors. Go to the school that R Kelly went to and anyone that ran their mouths off to the tabs and anyone that would listen about R Kelly-give them immunity and go hard on any perjury charges if they lie on any sworn testimony. Take the victim that was videotaped(after separated from parents) and any other victims of R Kelly whether they settled with R Kelly or not-give immunity from prosecution. Those that settled with Kelly if they refuse to cooperate, jail them and work very dilligently to vacate every monetary settlement made with Kelly through the courts-whether he paid them or not and use RICO laws to threaten jail and forfeiture of possessions if no cooperation is received. All the silence and conspiracy of silence for R Kelly for money making ventures across state lines does have the elements of a RICO prosecution that can be made by a neophyte DA-if they so choose. My method, not illegal and quasi-legal at best are the best method for getting at the truth. Enough carrot-TIME for the STICK!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back