Black People : POLITRICKS(democrats in particular)

afrostotle

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 17, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Occupation
My occupation is whatever I do that requires focus
Greetings all:

It's that time of season again. You know, the one that comes about every four yrs or so, when the would-be candidates put on their best "Minority-friendly" song and dance. I guess this time they forgot about us. Or maybe its just the annual NAACP Convention they forgot about!

Actually, Kweisi Mfume's office had to re-send notices last week, when they noticed gone missing from their stack of r.s.v.p.s', were the acknowledgement of planned participation of several so-called front runners for the Democratic nomination.

At first, I was offended by the fact that those same candidates, Gephardt, Lieberman(who definately should know better), and Dean to name a few, are continuing to campaign (harder it would seem) more openly for the Hispanic vote.

Infact, Gephardt and Lieberman will both be attending a celebration put on by the largest Hispanic American political organization. Then I started to piece it together; In light of the recent census report, which made a big-to-do in announcing that Hispanics and Asians have surpassed African Americans as the largest minority group in America (as if that's something to boast about). It is no wonder the vultures that usually hover around the community at voting time, are taking their broken promises elsewhere. Maybe this is a chance to make a break from the ill-intended courting, and consider bringing our own date to the dance.

This should come as no suprise, in fact, I feel the less outrage we demonstrate over this and several other blatent exclusions, the more others will get the picture that we as a people have evolved from the role of dependents, to the role of inedependence.

Peace, Power, and Prosperity to us all!

Afrostotle, thank you for this message. I had to chuckle when I read it. :) Gephardt, Lieberman, Bush...what's the difference? What's going to change for us if any one of the above are in office? Some of us here have faith that Sharpton is a strong candidate. I'll be honest and say that I'm not that confident. It would be nice if your last comment was true--but tell me this, what exactly are we doing to establish our independence?

I agree...Peace, Power and Prosperity to us all.

Greetings Sister,

I guess there isn't much difference in any of the candidates from the democratic side, except Mrs. Mosely-Braun, and MR. Sharpton.

I like what SHarpton has done over his lifetime, with Harlem, and the rest of the country for that matter. However, I want to make sure that I don't make the mistake of voting for somone simply because he/she happens to be black.

Part of the problem with the habits of black voters is that we as a whole, and I'm sure individually, and in some collective situations we are educating ourselves to the nature of politricks, but we need it on a mass scale, not only do we need to know what these folks are doing in office, but moreover, what they profess, as opposed to what they are expected to do for the people.

Secondly, we as a whole(once again I wish not to insult or make miniscule of anyone here who is knowledgeable, and or doing their part), but after the sixties, the roles of the two parties switched and we became disillusioned(as if we weren't before)
First, you had the southern states, which were predominately, segragationist and democratic. In afct, the party was started by southerners, most all of which supported slavery and his son"Jim Crow" I think democrats in the mid 70's started to realize this negative stigma, so in the process of reinventing themselves, and trying to garner black support, they made us dependent, and less self-sufficiency minded as a whole. With the blatened disregard for human and civil rights we endured during eight years of "Reagonomics" the dems had motivation and opportunity, to disguise greed and corrupt policies, with trinkets of rhetoric and social programs which, when you look at the facts, amounted to crums, instead of the bakery to bake our own cakes and cookies and pies, to which we are so desperately entitled to.

To answer your questions though, I don't feel collectively we are doing enough, if anything at all to establish our independence. I for one would like to see all who are tired of having CNN, FOX, and MSNBC tell us who our leaders are, start to become leaders.
A handful of puppets can't lead an entire people to righteousness and prosperity by themselves.

Maybe somwhere in the middle of trying to gain equality, we stopped working on, enhancing, and maintaining what makes us unique. If I had to pick a foundation to start it would have to be rebuilding the alliance between black men and women. As I see this as the greates accomplishment of our forced existence in America, and that is the division of our men and women. It started when Massa Moore beat the men into submission while the women watched, then later that night, he raped our women while we were forced to watch, see, and hear her screams. WE NEED EACH OTHER!!!

Next I would have to say education, what happened to the good old days when we learned our history and destiny in the public schools? We, whether we fess up or not, are turning out educated dummies, or worse, fewer educated than ever before.

Closing I will say this: We need to get back to the basis of mental evolution, which will lead to spiritual and physical evolution and that is teach all three; knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
With knowledge as the foundation, wisdom as the floorplan, and understanding as the secure roof that makes the house complete i.e, how can we brave the elements outside, if we don't have a base to re-fortify, re-group, and then re-assert ourselves in the community.

Sorry for the long wind!
Peace, Power, and Prosperity

Greetings Sister,

I guess there isn't much difference in any of the candidates from the democratic side, except Mrs. Mosely-Braun, and MR. Sharpton.

I like what SHarpton has done over his lifetime, with Harlem, and the rest of the country for that matter. However, I want to make sure that I don't make the mistake of voting for somone simply because he/she happens to be black.

Part of the problem with the habits of black voters is that we as a whole, and I'm sure individually, and in some collective situations we are educating ourselves to the nature of politricks, but we need it on a mass scale, not only do we need to know what these folks are doing in office, but moreover, what they profess, as opposed to what they are expected to do for the people.

Secondly, we as a whole(once again I wish not to insult or make miniscule of anyone here who is knowledgeable, and or doing their part), but after the sixties, the roles of the two parties switched and we became disillusioned(as if we weren't before)
First, you had the southern states, which were predominately, segragationist and democratic. In afct, the party was started by southerners, most all of which supported slavery and his son"Jim Crow" I think democrats in the mid 70's started to realize this negative stigma, so in the process of reinventing themselves, and trying to garner black support, they made us dependent, and less self-sufficiency minded as a whole. With the blatened disregard for human and civil rights we endured during eight years of "Reagonomics" the dems had motivation and opportunity, to disguise greed and corrupt policies, with trinkets of rhetoric and social programs which, when you look at the facts, amounted to crums, instead of the bakery to bake our own cakes and cookies and pies, to which we are so desperately entitled to.

To answer your questions though, I don't feel collectively we are doing enough, if anything at all to establish our independence. I for one would like to see all who are tired of having CNN, FOX, and MSNBC tell us who our leaders are, start to become leaders.
A handful of puppets can't lead an entire people to righteousness and prosperity by themselves.

Maybe somwhere in the middle of trying to gain equality, we stopped working on, enhancing, and maintaining what makes us unique. If I had to pick a foundation to start it would have to be rebuilding the alliance between black men and women. As I see this as the greates accomplishment of our forced existence in America, and that is the division of our men and women. It started when Massa Moore beat the men into submission while the women watched, then later that night, he raped our women while we were forced to watch, see, and hear her screams. WE NEED EACH OTHER!!!

Next I would have to say education, what happened to the good old days when we learned our history and destiny in the public schools? We, whether we fess up or not, are turning out educated dummies, or worse, fewer educated than ever before.

Closing I will say this: We need to get back to the basics of mental evolution, which will lead to spiritual and physical evolution and that is teach all three; knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
With knowledge as the foundation, wisdom as the floorplan, and understanding as the secure roof that makes the house complete i.e, how can we brave the elements outside, if we don't have a base to re-fortify, re-group, and then re-assert ourselves in the community.

Sorry for the long wind!
Peace, Power, and Prosperity

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back