Black People : Origin of the Term Moor?

one of them brothers from the continent was getting down wit one of them spanish ladies that they had conquered and she kept screaming......more!:em0100:

lol, I leave for a few months and james still makin jokes.......jose piementa bey has some good lectures on the moors on youtube........he actually came to one of my classes a couple of months back to give a lecture, but unfortunately I missed it.......

Moors mean black...for example, in Italian black berry means Mora, "in the Spanish language, the term for Moors is Moro; in Portuguese the word is mouro. There seems to have been some confusion about the relationship of the word moro/mouro to the word moreno (which means brown), both from Greek maúros, i.e. black. However, the two words have different etymological roots. Though most were probably of swarthy complexion, the Moors were 'negro' ".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back