Black Poetry : Ordinary Men

This subject is close to my heart also.

It's the brotha's unseen, who are the real heros, the positive role models. Our children have seen so much negative in what should be good examples...from President Clinton with Monica (young enuff to be his child) on down to the famous R&B singer who peed in a child's face and sexually abused her...not to mention rappers who degrade women and children and women who degrade their own selves. Yet these are the type of people many children adore and want to be like...sad.

Still there are so many brothas who are setting good role models as leaders in their community and more importantly in their homes. I am married to such. I believe YOU are such. The world does not know them, but their family and friends do. This is what really counts. Thus, it is our responsibility to give our brothas their due, since the world will not. I invite you to read this poem also. It is alone the very same lines as your touching poem.

THE SMEARED PORTRAIT

Continue Heartbeat to make your poems heartfelt. We are reading you.

Your sista in poetry...Joyce

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back