Food Discussion : On Canned Tuna

I used to eat only Albacore (white) tuna, when I ate tuna. I loved the flavor and thought it was less fattening when packed in water and not oil. I would use in sandwiches and chilled pasta salads. But since all the scare about canned tuna, I don't eat it anymore--the same for canned Salmon. I used to make croquettes with that. When she was alive, my mother used to really like salmon croquettes and grits. You know how southern Black women are. :heart: But mercury is no joke in terms of the damage it can do to our bodies. We shouldn't risk it when you can't trust that the FDA is tellingus the whole truth.

Those of us who have options because we can afford different foods must recognize how fortunate we are because there are so many people where tuna maybe one of the few remaining options for them to eat meat because it's cheap. When you're hungry and don't have a lot of money, what are you going to do?

Yeah, I agree. Basically, I get my protein from tuna, salmon, and sardines. Fresh, wild caught. But, my understanding is that it is safe at low levels. This is why I only have two servings per week. And, on the can issue... I avoid canned foods. For me it is about Progress not Perfection. Going from serving canned foods everyday to having them maybe once every two weeks. I have n'ever made salmon croquettes from fresh salmon. I guess it would be possible, I just never heard of anyone doing it. So, I am using the "fresh, wild caught, canned salmon". Remember the charts?

Tonight I baked "fresh, wild caught, salmon" that was flash frozen. I got a big bag of it for $11.99. And, it is surprisingly tasty. Each slice is individually wrapped. The only other choice was the farm raised salmon. Yuck! I can't stomach farm raised fish at all.

https://destee.com/threads/polychlorinated-biphenyls-pcbs-and-your-health.85385/

They are saying it's safe to have these fish, but in moderation.

Then here they are saying avoid canned foods. So, again, I'd say moderation.

https://destee.com/threads/5-reasons-why-you-should-avoid-canned-food-all-because-they-are-harmful.85589/

In other words, I ain't giving up my salmon croquettes without a fight.......LOL

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back