Black People Politics : Obama Participates in Overthrow of African Elders

La_Kréyol

BANNED
Dec 26, 2010
Judging by some of the comments I've seen on the site today, I wondered if any of our people in the US are aware of Obama's participation in the overthrow of the closest we have in Africa right now to Patrice Lamumba, Thomas Sankara. This elder's name is Laurent Gbagbo.

An emotional video on the topic: youtube.com/watch?v=jkXIMstqPew

Gbagbo is an elder from Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) who stands for the unity of African people, the sovereignty of Africa and her people, and for the end to manipulation by the IMF and World Bank. The UN and France waged an ILLEGAL war on Gbagbo and Cote d'Ivoire with the help of Obama and his administration.

Obama referred to Gbagbo's supporters, who would likely include most African-Americans if they were aware of him, as "thugs". Those same supporters, African-American, and African from the continent have also been Obama's staunchest supporters and campaign contributors.

I ask that you PLEASE watch the video and please post your thoughts.

And please, PLEASE fight this madness, in the name of the ancestors! We MUST hold traitors accountable for their actions! Africans on the continent are well aware of what took place and Obama's role in this illegal war - our people in the diaspora are largely not aware of it.

my reporting is that Gbagbo is a puppet of the christian conservatives in the US. the same ones who made the anti gay laws in Uganda.
i saw this on MSNBC. take it for what it is worth.

in any case he should have transferred power peacefully.

Brother James, I don't use MSNBC as a source for anything on the integrity of our leaders. I'd advise the rest of us to do the same and cite African sources who have the best interest of African people in mind before coming to a conclusion about our elders.

Brother James, MSNBC is the same channel that calls Elder Chavez a "dictator", when he was democratically elected each time. MSNBC and other white media outlets are there to do the work of the colonial regimes in the US and in Europe.

OF COURSE, they would demonize him. They have to make your elder look like a boogeyman to auto-justify their support of their own regime's actions against African people.

WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO STOP LOOKING TO WHITE SOURCES AS CREDIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION ON OUR BLACK ELDERS' INTEGRITY.

At the risk of sounding disrespectful, because it is absolutely not my intent, I'd suggest no even discussing Gbagbo if you do not know about him or African affairs. Again, it is not my intention to sound rude, and I apologize in advance if I sound harsh, because it is not my intent at all. But we have too many of us in the diaspora making comments like this, ill-informed or not adequately informed.

Brother James, I don't use MSNBC as a source for anything on the integrity of our leaders. I'd advise the rest of us to do the same and cite African sources who have the best interest of African people in mind before coming to a conclusion about our elders.

Brother James, MSNBC is the same channel that calls Elder Chavez a "dictator", when he was democratically elected each time. MSNBC and other white media outlets are there to do the work of the colonial regimes in the US and in Europe.

OF COURSE, they would demonize him. They have to make your elder look like a boogeyman to auto-justify their support of their own regime's actions against African people.

WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO STOP LOOKING TO WHITE SOURCES AS CREDIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION ON OUR BLACK ELDERS' INTEGRITY.

At the risk of sounding disrespectful, because it is absolutely not my intent, I'd suggest no even discussing Gbagbo if you do not know about him or African affairs. Again, it is not my intention to sound rude, and I apologize in advance if I sound harsh, because it is not my intent at all. But we have too many of us in the diaspora making comments like this, ill-informed or not adequately informed.
as i live in america what would be my african sources?

as i live in america what would be my african sources?

Brother James, I will consult my records and send you some sources. One of the problems is that we are divided by colonial languages: English, French, Portuguese. But with the internet, we can overcome this challenge.

Please realize that even with African sources, it can be colonial-geared sources who represent the European interests and not those of Africans. There are many of such sites, so please use caution when consulting African media outlets and even with our African brethren, for that matter.

I have some sources that I use for African news, some of which are in English and in French. I will also ask my friends and family for sources that may help you in better assessing the situation in African from an African/Nationalist perspective.

I will post them here shortly, and thank you for even asking. Most likely wouldn't.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back