Black People Politics : Obama Participates in Overthrow of African Elders

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by La_Kréyol, Apr 19, 2011.

1. La_Kréyol

La_Kréyol Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +81
    Judging by some of the comments I've seen on the site today, I wondered if any of our people in the US are aware of Obama's participation in the overthrow of the closest we have in Africa right now to Patrice Lamumba, Thomas Sankara. This elder's name is Laurent Gbagbo.

An emotional video on the topic: youtube.com/watch?v=jkXIMstqPew

Gbagbo is an elder from Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) who stands for the unity of African people, the sovereignty of Africa and her people, and for the end to manipulation by the IMF and World Bank. The UN and France waged an ILLEGAL war on Gbagbo and Cote d'Ivoire with the help of Obama and his administration.

Obama referred to Gbagbo's supporters, who would likely include most African-Americans if they were aware of him, as "thugs". Those same supporters, African-American, and African from the continent have also been Obama's staunchest supporters and campaign contributors.

I ask that you PLEASE watch the video and please post your thoughts.

And please, PLEASE fight this madness, in the name of the ancestors! We MUST hold traitors accountable for their actions! Africans on the continent are well aware of what took place and Obama's role in this illegal war - our people in the diaspora are largely not aware of it.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    my reporting is that Gbagbo is a puppet of the christian conservatives in the US. the same ones who made the anti gay laws in Uganda.
    i saw this on MSNBC. take it for what it is worth.

in any case he should have transferred power peacefully.

3. La_Kréyol

La_Kréyol Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +81
    Brother James, I don't use MSNBC as a source for anything on the integrity of our leaders. I'd advise the rest of us to do the same and cite African sources who have the best interest of African people in mind before coming to a conclusion about our elders.

Brother James, MSNBC is the same channel that calls Elder Chavez a "dictator", when he was democratically elected each time. MSNBC and other white media outlets are there to do the work of the colonial regimes in the US and in Europe.

OF COURSE, they would demonize him. They have to make your elder look like a boogeyman to auto-justify their support of their own regime's actions against African people.

WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO STOP LOOKING TO WHITE SOURCES AS CREDIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION ON OUR BLACK ELDERS' INTEGRITY.

At the risk of sounding disrespectful, because it is absolutely not my intent, I'd suggest no even discussing Gbagbo if you do not know about him or African affairs. Again, it is not my intention to sound rude, and I apologize in advance if I sound harsh, because it is not my intent at all. But we have too many of us in the diaspora making comments like this, ill-informed or not adequately informed.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    as i live in america what would be my african sources?

5. La_Kréyol

La_Kréyol Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +81
    Brother James, I will consult my records and send you some sources. One of the problems is that we are divided by colonial languages: English, French, Portuguese. But with the internet, we can overcome this challenge.

Please realize that even with African sources, it can be colonial-geared sources who represent the European interests and not those of Africans. There are many of such sites, so please use caution when consulting African media outlets and even with our African brethren, for that matter.

I have some sources that I use for African news, some of which are in English and in French. I will also ask my friends and family for sources that may help you in better assessing the situation in African from an African/Nationalist perspective.

I will post them here shortly, and thank you for even asking. Most likely wouldn't.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......Is this the correct YouTube video La_Kréyol:

7. La_Kréyol

La_Kréyol Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +81
    Yes, it is Brother Clyde. Thank you for posting it. I didn't have enough posts to post it directly into the thread.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

.......You are very welcome La Kreyol, np(no problem)...This is of interest to me as a supporter of President Barack Obama and our African homeland, Alkebu-lan. I'm looking forward to exchanges of information on this issue...Peace In,

9. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    A couple of questions;

1. La_Kréyol are you and VeseyJack the same person?

2. How come I keep hearing about how Africa is rich in materials and how it can stand up for itself yet I also keep hearing about how it's letting itself get robbed? La_Kréyol, you keep talking about diaspora but it seems like the most ill-informed people are the ones who are in Africa. How is it that something that is so obvious to us outside of the country isn't obvious to those living in the country? I would really like a clear answer on that.

10. La_Kréyol

La_Kréyol Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +81

I'm hoping that I'm not straying too far off topic here, because I'd really like to know what others have to say about this illegal war and coup d'etat against President Gbagbo. But, yes, Africa has her own wealth: uranium, boxite, diamonds, gold, and oil. There is no other continent on the planet with that vast amount of wealth. This is the reasoning behind the exploitation and war against our people and our continent.

Now, there are many issues:

1) Europe still presides over Africa with their own colonial regimes. Most of us in the diaspora are oblivious to this, because we're not consulting our own news outlets (outside of the Black print press, I don't think we even have our own news outlets in the US, anymore), because we're divided by colonial languages (English vs French, Portuguese, Spanish, etc.), and because the US news covers these events with the same manipulative, colonial approach that Europe does.

2) Africa does not have her own arms.

3) When Africans rise up in revolution, France, Spain, Portugal, etc enter with their own arms and "offer" them to opposing/competing groups or to those who are beset with greed - the arms to create coup d'etats. They also arm groups and ply them with promises of "presidential power", in exchange for the overthrow of an influential, "nationalist" African elder (like Gbagbo). We know there will always be some coon around to take up this offer: look at barbaric murder of Thomas Sankara, with the arms and "permission" of France, by his own "brother", who remains there in power to this day.

4) I think most Africans from the continent are fully aware of the exploitation of their resources and their people. Even my mother in law is cognizant of this and she's a modest, simple (and beautiful) woman from the bush. I have yet to meet anyone African who is not aware of this. But where is their power IN the countries that are exploiting them? Where is their power IN these exploitative countries to influence international and economic policy towards Africa??

5) It is us in the diaspora who have that sort of power, money, and organization - as well as our strong sense of pan-Africanism, who can fight on behalf of Africa, IN the countries that are exploiting Africa. It is the diaspora who has the PRESENCE in these countries, to be able to organize, pool resources, and act on her (Africa's) behalf.

But we are isolated due to our location, our constant exposure to only "certain" African populations and not others, due to our colonial languages (English vs French, Portuguese, etc). We remain ill-informed about events occurring throughout the continent and in Europe due to these factors.

6) As long as US/European policies allow illegal wars in Africa to destabilize governments deemed to "wealthy"/powerful, and therefore a threat; as long as US/European policies allow the arming of select groups to stage coup d'etats and "civil wars", that is those civil wars that are simply meant to destabilize and cause chaos, not lead to a revolution (like what Belgium is doing in the Congo, the richest of all of Africa); as long as US/European policies allow for the exploitation, BY THE US AND EUROPE, of Africa's resources and vast wealth, Africa will never be free as long as these things are allowed.

The only way they can be abolished is through the diaspora's organization and acting in the interest of Africa, AS CHILDREN OF AFRICA. And I'm not talking about establish churches there, opening schools, or "encouraging democracy", not at all. I mean by forming your own political lobby that will act in the interest of Africa and represent Africa's children EVERYWHERE.

7) India has her own, one of them being the IAFPE (The Indian-American Forum for Political Education). They were primarily East-Indian techies, both those born here and those born in their homeland, who organized and pooled their financial resources to influence economic and political policy toward India. Together, they've ensured that laws in the US, the UK, and even in Germany benefit INDIA, that policies would economically benefit India's children, leading them to become the next superpower, alongside China.

When will we do the same? Who will be the one to start it or say yes? Jews are only 2-3 percent of the entire US population, at least that was the case about seven years ago. Yet, small as they are, they understood the value of organizing and pooling their resources and TRUSTING THEIR ELDERS, to ensure that international policy would ALWAYS benefit them. We must understand the value of this as well.

Right now, we're disjointed, like a body with no head, trying to find our way in the world.

When I say "ill-informed", it's not a personal assault; it simply means that due to our isolation in the US, our absence of our own media outlets that inform us on Africa and her children throughout the world, and our division by colonial language, we remain ill-informed about policy and events taking place in Africa. We buy what we see on CNN, MSNBC, and the other so-called "liberal" WHITE media outlets. This is dangerous, quite honestly.