Black People Politics : OBAMA is THE BUSINESS!!!!:)

omowalejabali said:
What I am about to say will sound really crazy but here it goes. In los angeles, we were headed in the direction you speak but some of us community organizers got involved in the anti-apartheid movement and became upset at the jewish support for Israel which was a major trading partner of apartheid south africa. So, we ostracized the jewish community, in which we were long time allies, and switched to the hispanics, who later started to identify as latino. this was a mistake because we would have MAINTAINED political leverage by working out our issues with the jewish community instead of switching to the latinos who turned against us once they became the larger "minority". at least we still would to this date outnumber the jews. I went to high school with a large jewish population and am fully aware of racism in their community against blacks but they did tend to identify with us more than the latinos, and in many ways still do. the person who helped me to realize this mistake was paul mooney, of all people. until recently as a film student i really didnt study much the history of black comedy and after studying mooney, and richard pryor i realized that many of thier "ghost writers" were jewish and they wrote a lot of the most "black conscious" and politically progressive of their material. and when i went to my 30 year high school reunion in 2005 this hit me like a ton of bricks. i remembered how back in the day the crips used to jump some of the "white" jewish students on martin luther king day (before it was a school holiday) and how me and some of my friends used to protect some of the guys who played football or baseball with us and black students used to take off from school on jewish holidays out of a sense of solidarity, with no problem from school officials, many of whom were our athletic coaches. and this was at fairfax hs. for years i was mad at jewish people, many of whom did not and still do not approve of the politics of the state of israel. it's kinda funny now when i think about cynthia mckinney running for president as a green party candidate, because a lot of greens are jewish activists from the 60s and 70s who are anti-war, pro-peace, support the rights of the palestinians, while many black folks from the same era have done an about face, turned republican, or are democrats who did not rally behind her when she came under attack. and a lot of those same "greens" in NoCal voted Obama in the California primary. but in SoCal, the black democrats led the hillary clinton brigade.

So would these Jews have been Zionists or those who practice Judaism? I don't like to hear that about these Clinton supporters. Just saw a report That stated that the Mayor of Philadelphia is endorsing hillary.It's like finally there is a legit shot to put a Black man in the whitey house,and people black people are showing their true colors. Still in L.A. I see no reason why blacks cannot control politics. While in Gardena this summer I noticed how many more Latinos there are, there even enough blacks to vote any more?Guess that goes back to the solidarity issue,these Blacks Dems and Republicans are strictly lining their pockets I'd say.

You have to wonder why places like S. Carolina are being kept poor,there are so many blacks out that way. While CA this summer I tended to stay towards Inglewood where my girl was working,but the rest of L.A., I saw very few blacks. Out towards Burbank,etc where I was taking a few classes,and working with Central Casting. Interesting to see what happens.

Josh Wickett said:
And,

what is it that all these black people are gonna do that white people can't do?

right here,

right now,

today?

Josh

It is what we can do for our selves.

Laws! Get enough like minded ore simply progressive minded blacks,or whites who are appointed by blacks then legislation can be passed.This is a process ,not a quick fix. Barack is not the savior but the crack in the Damm if you will,get him in office the rest is up to us., and his cabinet to open the flood gates. Not saying he will,but it is a step towards the right direction. Marathon not a sprint.

brother Therious

Therious said:
So would these Jews have been Zionists or those who practice Judaism? I don't like to hear that about these Clinton supporters. Just saw a report That stated that the Mayor of Philadelphia is endorsing hillary.It's like finally there is a legit shot to put a Black man in the whitey house,and people black people are showing their true colors. Still in L.A. I see no reason why blacks cannot control politics. While in Gardena this summer I noticed how many more Latinos there are, there even enough blacks to vote any more?Guess that goes back to the solidarity issue,these Blacks Dems and Republicans are strictly lining their pockets I'd say.

You have to wonder why places like S. Carolina are being kept poor,there are so many blacks out that way. While CA this summer I tended to stay towards Inglewood where my girl was working,but the rest of L.A., I saw very few blacks. Out towards Burbank,etc where I was taking a few classes,and working with Central Casting. Interesting to see what happens.
As far as I know the jewish student I am speaking of never said much about Israel, or zionism so I have no way of knowing. But they were not racist or prejudiced against Black people, at least not openly. And to this day my old classmates still seem to be "cool".

I can't speak for the ability of Black folks to "control" poiltics in California because as you noted we are much more spread out than we were in the 70s. Interesting though that you mentioned Central Casting because one of my jewish classmates used to be a casting dierctor at Central awhile back.

There is just SOO much more that we could do for ourAfrican American people....

If You take a look at the aspects of population vs. status....
It's like a revelation or something
It has been constant thus far, African Americans are losing ground....being detrimental to ourselves

Okay.....Just for small but sgnificant numbers....How man African Americans are so washed out, that to thm Obama is just anotha N***a(not realizing they say it in their minds) other words Uncle Tom's and Trixie's(just to understand what I mean)
Clinton is Back!!! in their eyes.....for them nothing was ever wrong....
Tom's wife Linda Jean is great!!!.....She just dyed her hair Blonde and He is LOVING IT!
(I know.....Just to under-or overstand)

But for more SERIOUS numbers
Population vs. Status
How many African American are incarcerated RIGHT NOW!? How many are Undable to Vote?
How many Young African Americans are "too "Gangsta" to get registered"?
How Many are even educated on the IMPORTANCE of an AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT!?
If the Population Vs. Status numbers were on our side regarding Black People!!!! There would be no questions no doubts......Miss Hill would be crying more tears than that(and REAL ones for that matter)
AndI mean she is scared now(because she probaly did not think any Non African cultured people would care about a Black man.
But they do.....That is a Blessing
But how much more can we do?
How much Possibility is out here?
Who Cares?:SuN045:

:hearts2:

PLATINUMILLITY1 said:
There is just SOO much more that we could do for ourAfrican American people....

If You take a look at the aspects of population vs. status....
It's like a revelation or something
It has been constant thus far, African Americans are losing ground....being detrimental to ourselves

Okay.....Just for small but sgnificant numbers....How man African Americans are so washed out, that to thm Obama is just anotha N***a(not realizing they say it in their minds) other words Uncle Tom's and Trixie's(just to understand what I mean)
Clinton is Back!!! in their eyes.....for them nothing was ever wrong....
Tom's wife Linda Jean is great!!!.....She just dyed her hair Blonde and He is LOVING IT!
(I know.....Just to under-or overstand)

But for more SERIOUS numbers
Population vs. Status
How many African American are incarcerated RIGHT NOW!? How many are Undable to Vote?
How many Young African Americans are "too "Gangsta" to get registered"?
How Many are even educated on the IMPORTANCE of an AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT!?
If the Population Vs. Status numbers were on our side regarding Black People!!!! There would be no questions no doubts......Miss Hill would be crying more tears than that(and REAL ones for that matter)
AndI mean she is scared now(because she probaly did not think any Non African cultured people would care about a Black man.
But they do.....That is a Blessing
But how much more can we do?
How much Possibility is out here?
Who Cares?:SuN045:

:hearts2:

Truly a realistic staement you utter about incarcerated voters. If one thing this campaign has proved,it's the power of the black vote. In states with high populations of African Americans.Billary has been slaughtered. This race has also exposed the turn coats , and spineless sell outs in the AA community,with money,college degrees,and no brains.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back