destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

I found the following information at this link, but haven't been able to find anything else referencing this day.

Are you all aware of this? Know any more information?

National Buy Black Day is Feb 18

Welcome Brothers, Sisters, friends, and other supporters. It's time to take a step toward economy independence and security and help fullfil the dreams of those that have sacrificied their very lives for our futures. On Saturday, Febuary 18, 2006 we encourage you to find a Black business and do business with them. If you are already using their services, find a new one to patronize on that day as well. They all need our support. Recycling the dollars that we spend in America is paramount to the success of a stable economic base for our brothers, sisters and families. We as a people have to take control of the resources that we spend in this country and spend with a purpose. To help empower US! Of the almost 700 Billion Dollars that Blacks spend in America annually, only 5 cents of every dollar is spent with other Black people. We have to invest in us now! NATIONAL BUY BLACK DAY ! February, 18th,2006

:heart:

Destee

Yes i've heard of it , and been part of this day, The NBBD was created
in 1998 by one of the top Radio Dj's Radio syndicate Hall Of Famer
TOM JOYNER and a host of black businessmen the disc jockey THE FLY JOCK
help found this when he saw many black businesses failing he have made
public speeches in Chicago , Atlanta , Detroit , and his hometown Tuskegee, Alabama
for black awareness and support of the inner communities black own businesses
i went to hear him back in 2001 speak about supporting each other allowing the dollars
to market itself back into the black communities of businesses this day was assign
but strongly asked they we continue to support and spend our dollars with our own..

I had the pleasure to shake his hand at that benefit function outside Chicago that
year as one of the new black businesses with a booth of displayed merchandise
and a membership of the NBBD where you can get 40% discount off at any black
Business. another top sponser was the Urban League / Carter's Barber shop /
Insight Media / and a host of others .

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back