Black People : Memo to young black men: Please grow up

my apologies but

Brother Ankhur

As soon as a brief conversation takes place. One should be able to tell if someone is receptive to the topic being discussed.

Elaborate on this.
Now tell me.....when EXACTLY do I get the opportunity to see young Black men who view themselves as "Gods" rise to the same level of greatness as the Elders and the organizations and institutions they BUILT, as forementioned
As a Christian I see the positive activities of those who are concious, within the Nations of Gods and Earths as a benefit to the Black community, and I say that to seperate their activities from the activities of godbody organization

My comment was in response to that, and the 5% I knew younger and older in my childhood and teen years grew up to be good Christians with a sense of service and concern for the Black community and it's needs, or became Sunni Muslims, or NOI, with similar care and concerns.
Some went into public office, and some went into the clergy, in the spirit of Nat Turner and Dr. King, not Creflo Dollar or rev Ike.
Others opened up their own businesses in real estate, home refinishing and computer repair

godBody is a gang started in the prisons that pracitces the 5% teachings, similar to the Born Again Crips in Toronto who are Christian

Growth?

Where am I to grow from?

What am I to grow into?

How do I grow inside?

What benefit do I get from growing?

Who else can benefit from me growing?

I say, lets ban negative images, negative music, from our homes for a week

at first..

and in its place watch, and listen to, and most importantly read only inspiring, motivating speeches from the late Greats, to new & improved Teachers...

parents, you must, must get on board with this, if not this then, something along the lines to let our children know we aint with this ish, nor will we sit around trying to keep our house in order, when our babies turn on the tube, radio, ipod, stereo, and turn off their brains...

Black man! you will need to organise support groups for one another, even if it is just once a month, but no drugs, nor booze, just food, and food for thought..

I dont care if you be a dope fiend, gangster, lawyer, unemployed, convict, christian, aetheist, gay, abuser....we need you to come together on commonalities, so your title, past, convictions, status should be left where you picked them up from.....

I say to hell with the so called freedom of speech...
it seems only free to corrupt and pollute our brains with chants of destruction, drug and alcohol abuse, slothfulness, and violence...

we are not in a position, nor live in conditions where we can stand to be lax about what we allow to saturate our thinking....we cannot afford to let this be our mainstream, while we have to search and dig for positivity and confidence building, or upliftment...

there was a time when smut was difficult to get ahold of, wth happened?

we have been set up to accept negativity, and corruption, in disguise as a way that the youth express and to speak about the harsh and disfunctional misfortunes that go on in our communities...

news flash!!

they do not care, the people you speak, sing and rap to, are not the ones who keep you in your situation

they relate to and take instruction from how to handle daily situations in your area..

your individuality is being stripped away from you, and packaged in a way to tell you what to believe in, who to trust, and how to think, and what it is you are to think about...

your entertainers are only walking billboards

that advertise clothing, cars, character, the latest greatest of anything that is hot for the times..

you did not make that drink popular, nor those clothing line that you cant wait to get your hands on...nor are you being paid to...

young men, and women,

you are being played, being had, and taken for a ride that leaves you confused, convicted, corrupted and disconnected

All I wanna say is that,

they dont really care about us!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Growth?

Where am I to grow from?

What am I to grow into?

How do I grow inside?

What benefit do I get from growing?

Who else can benefit from me growing?

I say, lets ban negative images, negative music, from our homes for a week

at first..

and in its place watch, and listen to, and most importantly read only inspiring, motivating speeches from the late Greats, to new & improved Teachers...

parents, you must, must get on board with this, if not this then, something along the lines to let our children know we aint with this ish, nor will we sit around trying to keep our house in order, when our babies turn on the tube, radio, ipod, stereo, and turn off their brains...

Black man! you will need to organise support groups for one another, even if it is just once a month, but no drugs, nor booze, just food, and food for thought..

I dont care if you be a dope fiend, gangster, lawyer, unemployed, convict, christian, aetheist, gay, abuser....we need you to come together on commonalities, so your title, past, convictions, status should be left where you picked them up from.....

I say to hell with the so called freedom of speech...
it seems only free to corrupt and pollute our brains with chants of destruction, drug and alcohol abuse, slothfulness, and violence...

we are not in a position, nor live in conditions where we can stand to be lax about what we allow to saturate our thinking....we cannot afford to let this be our mainstream, while we have to search and dig for positivity and confidence building, or upliftment...

there was a time when smut was difficult to get ahold of, wth happened?

we have been set up to accept negativity, and corruption, in disguise as a way that the youth express and to speak about the harsh and disfunctional misfortunes that go on in our communities...

news flash!!

they do not care, the people you speak, sing and rap to, are not the ones who keep you in your situation

they relate to and take instruction from how to handle daily situations in your area..

your individuality is being stripped away from you, and packaged in a way to tell you what to believe in, who to trust, and how to think, and what it is you are to think about...

your entertainers are only walking billboards

that advertise clothing, cars, character, the latest greatest of anything that is hot for the times..

you did not make that drink popular, nor those clothing line that you cant wait to get your hands on...nor are you being paid to...

young men, and women,

you are being played, being had, and taken for a ride that leaves you confused, convicted, corrupted and disconnected

All I wanna say is that,

they dont really care about us!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back