Black People : JOHNNY OTIS...

Bisabee said:
Brother, you’ve made some brilliant points here. My only question is: Do we need to believe in something FAKE like race, in order to be proud and have a sense of motivation and urgency to unite and do what’s best for us? I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with believing in something fake, since many of us already do, but it’s important to be clear about what’s being advocated. I mean, let’s not try to fool ourselves.

I believe that race is a social construct MAINLY because I’ve read how, when, and why the concept of race originated. Another reason is because if you saw my father and some others in my family, you would swear they are white people, yet they are not and have a Black consciousness which shows in their thinking and ACTIONS.

I'm not sure whether you're a Black Nationalist, but if I were to ever be a part of a Black nation, I would want to be there with people whose ACTIONS show and prove they are Black, not just people who have dark/Black complexions or say they are of African descent. As long as we're defining any person by their exterior and their rhetoric rather than their ACTIONS we're going to continue to be easily manipulated and misled.

I do not desire to waste any more time in these kinds of circular arguments which take away from the topic but I'm sure that brother Isaiah anticipated the possibility of the response to this thread that has been evidenced. I myself am not surprised. The only point I will make and this juncture is that sister Bisabee I am glad that you have continued to honestly and openly express your viewpoints even when in disagreement. You make an excellent point here that i feel needs to be emphasized,

"As long as we're defining any person by their exterior and their rhetoric rather than their ACTIONS we're going to continue to be easily manipulated and misled."

:welldone:

Bisabee said:
Brother, you’ve made some brilliant points here. My only question is: Do we need to believe in something FAKE like race, in order to be proud and have a sense of motivation and urgency to unite and do what’s best for us? I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with believing in something fake, since many of us already do, but it’s important to be clear about what’s being advocated. I mean, let’s not try to fool ourselves.

I believe that race is a social construct MAINLY because I’ve read how, when, and why the concept of race originated. Another reason is because if you saw my father and some others in my family, you would swear they are white people, yet they are not and have a Black consciousness which shows in their thinking and ACTIONS.

I'm not sure whether you're a Black Nationalist, but if I were to ever be a part of a Black nation, I would want to be there with people whose ACTIONS show and prove they are Black, not just people who have dark/Black complexions or say they are of African descent. As long as we're defining any person by their exterior and their rhetoric rather than their ACTIONS we're going to continue to be easily manipulated and misled.

First of all there is nothing fake about race and have you seen anywhere else in history where a people who did not have a solid grasp on what and who they were in terms of race and ethnicity have full control of themselves and their resources?

Please name me one nation are empire where they had a multi cultural, multi ethnic group of people in a nation. And power and resources where given out evenly?

youngblackceo said:
First of all there is nothing fake about race and have you seen anywhere else in history where a people who did not have a solid grasp on what and who they were in terms of race and ethnicity have full control of themselves and their resources?

Please name me one nation are empire where they had a multi cultural, multi ethnic group of people in a nation. And power and resources where given out evenly?

Brother, we're never going to see eye to eye on this topic. I see enemies and friends wearing all complexions, not just one. I understand what you're trying to do though and I'm not going to pull you off course because I can support you without fully agreeing with you.

youngblackceo said:

Brother BLACKCEO, respect to you and brother Pan Africa, and all who BELIEVE RACE is REAL... You are entitled to the perpective, and I guess that is even why our Sister BEE has decided not to fight you on it, as I have... We respect and understand your right to believe as you wish...

What I'd like to know is what is gained from holding fast to this BELIEF, which has been scientifically disproven.??? Neither Bee nor I are arguing against the reality of the Construct, itself... Yes, we know it exists, and has existed for 500 years, or more... Yes, such a IDEOLOGY does, in fact exist on paper, and in reality... We're clear about that... But we are also clear that it's theories, that which undergirds and buttresses the IDEOLOGY, are garbage, falsehoods, lies, and distortions of reality, and to hold all of that up as the basis for our own rise is sick... Why would any sane person hold up the creations of their enemy as sufficient to defeat their enemy??? Could that be why we are nowhere near defeating this enemy, because we aren't as good at his game as he is???? Hmmm, I've heard of the boxer slugging with the slugger over the years, and the slugger usually wins that battle and the war...

BTW. Brother CEO, I don't believe ethnicity and race are synonymous at all, and should not be used interchangeably... For example, their are many ETHNICITIES in Africa, but they are all Africans... Same in Europe and Asia...Ethnicities are cultural groups, and though we are culturally different than, say, our Jamaican brothers, we are still African descended folks... Same with IBO and YORUBA in the Motherland... In fact, at this board, we've gotten into these discussions with Continental brothers and sisters who preferred we use ETHNIC GROUP rather than tribe as the standard terminology..

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah said:
... Why would any sane person hold up the creations of their enemy as sufficient to defeat their enemy??? Could that be why we are nowhere near defeating this enemy, because we aren't as good at his game as he is???...

Peace!
Isaiah

It seems as though the same question has been asked of upholding "one droppism"....when are we going to become sane enough to drop that idea?? RACE IS REAL!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back