Black History : Isn't The Real Roots Of Our Issues/Problems What Was Hyped During The Blackspoitation Movie Era?

... We had our afros, we had unity, we had businesses, we were feared. One movie about a high yella, ghetto, pimp, with a tricked out ride and we dumped all that

No you're not old enough. If you were, you would kniow that there was a 20 year period we didnt perm or conk. That was called, "acting white" at the time.

Yeah urine skin.

Hey, it worked for Beverly Johnson! :lol:

But, you STILL won't answer my question, Kemetstry.

Why don't you SHUT ME UP for good, Kemetstry?!

According to YOU, I'm such a "YOUNGUN" that I don't know about this "FIFTEEN YEAR PERIOD" when Black people did NOT Perm or straighten their hair.

So, TELL ME just WHEN wuz this "FIFTEEN YEAR PERIOD."

YOU put the blame on "Superfly" in 1972.

So, WHEN was this "FIFTEEN YEAR PERIOD" before "Superfly/1972?"

Ya see, you shouldn't just pull sumpn outta yo' nose and not expect to get challenged on it.

I mentioned the "CONK" of the 40s and 50s and the "PROCESS" of the 1960s as examples that Black people WERE PERMING their hair BEFORE "Superfly in 1972."

And even if they were not in YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD, that is not a NATIONAL STANDARD. --- In many urban cities, Black men and women were PERMING their hair BEFORE 1972/"Superfly."

I can't make more than a guess why you bring up the past, unless your intent and purpose is to justify what folks are into nowadays...In both cases, folks did and do make their own choices, good or bad...What those who stood up were striving to give themselves and others around them better options, i. e., than denying who they were in order to play up to people whose own existence reflected whoever was running things at the time too...

White culture etc. is exclusive, in terms of being a part of and/or aspiring to be of a particular socio/economic/religeous/political class, not simply basing it on being of same particular skin shade etc.

Black culture used to be inclusive, because we were and are descended from mixed race people, to begin with...

So what benefits us by being less than we are, and/or to play catch up with a folks mainstream, who seem and sound like they're at war with the rest of the world's colored human beings?

As for me:

No, sir, boss!

SMH

If your intent and purpose is to come up with a new arrangement (compromise) so people (like yourself) can live in peaceful co-existence with your liked minded white counterparts:

Then just admit it!
images

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back