Black People : Isn't it Time We Get Our Own?

Instead of wasting energy protesting being thrown off a sinking ship maybe it's time we started building our own ships.

Knowamsane?

Sister River ... Peace and Blessings,

Unfortunately, to build our own ships to turn this mess around, would require us to financially support, trust, and respect each other.

We're simply not there yet, in a manner to achieve such high hopes as you've described.

Maybe we'll get it together, before all the resources have been exhausted, that are needed to build a ship. Maybe.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Sister River ... Peace and Blessings,

Unfortunately, to build our own ships to turn this mess around, would require us to financially support, trust, and respect each other.

We're simply not there yet, in a manner to achieve such high hopes as you've described.

Maybe we'll get it together, before all the resources have been exhausted, that are needed to build a ship. Maybe.

Love You!

Destee

The problem is most of the resources that may have been available are drying up and no longer available (scarcity) and there seems to be no urgency among black folks as a whole to do more than rey on this government and accompaning financial institutions to provide for our living standards rather than become independent and self-sufficient. Those who have a relative comfort zone are not risking their living standard by coming out of that zone and helping others. Of course there are exceptions to this norm but it is what it is. The legacy of "integration" into a system which is in a stage of dis-integration and decay.

The problem is most of the resources that may have been available are drying up and no longer available (scarcity) and there seems to be no urgency among black folks as a whole to do more than rey on this government and accompaning financial institutions to provide for our living standards rather than become independent and self-sufficient. Those who have a relative comfort zone are not risking their living standard by coming out of that zone and helping others. Of course there are exceptions to this norm but it is what it is. The legacy of "integration" into a system which is in a stage of dis-integration and decay.

I agree. Add to that, the high levels of distrust, sabotage amongst our own people, and the great amount of work needed, makes it overwhelming.

While it's overwhelming for us now, it will be all of impossible, for future generations.

If it is to be done ... no matter how difficult ... it almost has to be done right now ... and it's not looking good.

Love You!

Destee

I agree. Add to that, the high levels of distrust, sabotage amongst our own people, and the great amount of work needed, makes it overwhelming.

While it's overwhelming for us now, it will be all of impossible, for future generations.

If it is to be done ... no matter how difficult ... it almost has to be done right now ... and it's not looking good.

Love You!

Destee

I agree. For example, I know I need to contribute financially to this site as I did in the past. I dont wanna make excuses but I no longer have a means to pay because I dont have credit cards or a checking account. I had to let my own paid sites go. Why? Because I decided to divest all investment from this system and its banking and financial institutions. However, I still recognize the need to contribute.

Many of us still do not recognize the state of emergency we are in. This is unfortunate. It is also unfortuante that issues such as the one you raised continue to pose stumblingblocks. In particular, the "lack of trust" issue. Internal sabotage is linked to this and these two make any kind of mass movement virtually impossible. The distrust is too deeply entrenched.

All we can do is the best we can within our means and exercise our will when no means for advancement seem possible. I see some positive signs in the present World Cup because Africans from different parts of the world are expressing signs of solidarity. So there are so signs of hope. Its not all dispair.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back