Black People : Is it your duty to tell someone that they are not black?

Bruthaman, you crazy. I'm 'sexually repressed' with a few 'narcissistic tendencies' (apparently :em3700: .... does that even go together? sexual repression AND narcissism? :rolleyes:)
so I ain't even suppose to get buckwile like that.
So whatever is gonna go down, it's gonna have to be on the low-low, nowutI'msayin? Gotta bring my friends too tho, I ain't lookin to be wore out.
I know when sumthin is more than I can handle :em3700: :wink:

There was a March on Detroit? Apparently it wasn't as popular as the march on Washington, which happened twice so far that I know of. I thought you might be a little young for the King March on Warsh.

I never heard of losing your black card because you sided with Cosby in his tirade against poor, lower class, and working class black people. Ofcourse I don't agree with anything Cosby said and I think he is a hypocrite but I understand why black folks were ok with what he said and glad he said it. That alone does not make one 'not black.' Had I been in on that conversation, I would have been both against what Cosby said, but defending and understanding your right to agree with him.... and still be black.

I really don't know why some would say you hate females. That was not the impression I got. I already told you the impression I got - I said I thought you had an 'agenda' on putting down black females and while trying to protect or uplift the image or character of black males.... which I corrected in light of other evidence (threads) to the contrary. When I said you were 'putting down black females' I didn't see it as anti-female but figured you might have been hurt over some chick that chose or sexed a thugged-out 'Mookie' over you and that had tainted your experience and opinion. You said that isn't the case, so I accept that. No anti-female nuthin.

I figure you are who you are then.

I'm gonna reiterate part of what I said earlier in this this thread.....

Read that carefully and take note of the bold.

There is no compromise for blackness and being black. When you compromise on that, then that (to me) is what you makes you 'not black.'

But you choose how to define blackness and what it means to you, not anyone else. There is nobody that is gonna tell me I'm not black because I just know in my spirit, soul, and psyche that it is what I am, what I accept, what I love, and what I appreciate. I don't care where I live, what type of music I listen too, what my politics are, who I bed down, what kinda car I drive...... if someone wants to define my blackness based on that, let them. But I know what Blackness is to me because I define that. No one else.

This post has been a pleasure to write, thanks Kem. Much love.

medusanegrita.

Asante Asa.

Naw. You had a thread where you specificaaly said, you were willing to share. So, I'll be there around 6 this Friday. Stay the whole weekend. Got a few things we wanna try out.

:qqb015: :SuN042:

The March in Detroit was in 63

Cosby grew up dirt poor. He dogged a generation that seemingly has abandoned education as a means for their children to get out. He was correct. And therefore, right. Anyone that sided with him was labelled a sell out.

Yeah, many have tried to use the smitten, jilted lover tag on me too. No, I just call em as I see em. A 70% oow birth rate isnt a male problem. it's a female movement. That's too many kids to blame some guy. The females wanted the kid(s) and not the male. Therefore, quit whining and deal with it!

:toast:

:em0200:

Cosby grew up dirt poor. He dogged a generation that seemingly has abandoned education as a means for their children to get out. He was right. Anyone that sided with him was labelled a sell out.

everybody i know is graduating they children from college.
oh, and i generally do not take advice from rapists.

everybody i know is graduating they children from college.
oh, and i generally do not take advice from rapists.

MY opinion is that not everyone needs to go to college, there is nothing wrong with the model that sends some to the kids to trade school. Not everyone is cut out to be a teacher, rocket scientist, IT guru, some need to be taught carpentry, drywalling, masonry etc. These are not low level uneducated jobs. They normally pay as well if not better than some of the college jobs.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back