Black People : Dr. Martin Luther King's Celebrations Are Becoming a Disgrace

MsVeraisblessed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2012
Its bad enough most POC and white business are not embracing this historical moment. But this here photo makes me gringe on what these young folks really know about what this man has done for us? It's just sad. Will any of you be attending the Martin Luther King celebrations? Do any of you participate in it? Do any of you enjoy the outcome? Have any of you notice the decline of the participation in these celebrations? I'm telling you now, i will not be going this year...

mlk-birthday-flyers.jpg

Its bad enough most POC and white business are not embracing this historical moment. But this here photo makes me gringe on what these young folks really know about what this man has done for us? It's just sad. Will any of you be attending the Martin Luther King celebrations? Do any of you participate in it? Do any of you enjoy the outcome? Have any of you notice the decline of the participation in these celebrations? I'm telling you now, i will not be going this year...

mlk-birthday-flyers.jpg

Which means that there plan is working!!

If:

But this here photo makes me gringe on what these young folks really know about what this man has done for us? It's just sad.
- makes you 'gringe' wouldn't you think it would do the same for most of us here?

If you didn't like it why post it for all the world to see for as long as they like which means that you are actually PROMOTING the picture and their ugly depiction of Dr. King.....:confused:

I go to a celebration every year at the same place and i haven't noticed any decline in numbers. Years ago at one celebration while holding my son in my arms i met Dr. Betty Shabazz out by the front door, as she was the guest speaker that year and a picture was taken of me and my son and she was standing behind me and ended up in the picture with us...:)

At the celebration they show slides of important moments in his life, as well as have entertainment, prayer and have vendors all around the venue....

If Dr. King were here today and saw that you did not want to attend a celebration for one of your own because of what that persons enemy said, he'd probably say something like:

"don't measure a woman by where she stands in times of comfort & convieneince, but rather where she stands during challenge & controversy"

Ahhh info,...i posted it because i wanted to... And yes, i know about Martin Luther Kings quotes.

Me not going is my decisions or my choice not because of some twisted logics from the pics. You went because you wanted to go which made it your choice...

We don't have that big of a celebration here in OKC.. Just neighborly schools, some black businesses, which we don't have a lot of, a few marching bands, etc...

Btw,..thanks for your input...

Ahhh info,...i posted it because i wanted to... And yes, i know about Martin Luther Kings quotes.

Me not going is my decisions or my choice not because of some twisted logics from the pics. You went because you wanted to go which made it your choice...

We don't have that big of a celebration here in OKC.. Just neighborly schools, some black businesses, which we don't have a lot of, a few marching bands, etc...

Btw,..thanks for your input...

oh, ok...For some reason i just think everybody lives in a huge city like NY and there is always some festival or celebration taking place that one can attend at a moments notice.....

Ya'll don't have a big celebration, but ya'll do have my boy K.D. :wink:

th

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back