PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Health and Wellness,

Don’t Forget to Eat the Peel

5105605b66a3618a52ff20e9b3e3eab7a1e7ac85.jpg

Most of us toss fruit peels in the trash, because what else are you going to do with them? Eat them! It turns out they’re not just edible, but the skin and rind of some fruits is actually loaded with fantastic beauty and health benefits. Kimberly Snyder, celebrity nutritionist and author of The Beauty Detox Foods, says there are many great ways to incorporate these nutrient-rich peels into your diet.

“The peel can contain up to three to four times higher a concentration of fiber as the fruit inside,” says Snyder. “Fiber is an important part of the body’s process when it comes to cleansing toxins from the body. Peels also contain a bevy of anti-aging antioxidants and vitamins.” By the way, they’re also very low in calories, fats, and sugars.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/dont-forget-to-eat-the-peel-91371162018.html

I eat the banana

Most of us toss fruit peels in the trash, because what else are you going to do with them? Eat them! It turns out they’re not just edible, but the skin and rind of some fruits is actually loaded with fantastic beauty and health benefits. Kimberly Snyder, celebrity nutritionist and author of The Beauty Detox Foods, says there are many great ways to incorporate these nutrient-rich peels into your diet.

“The peel can contain up to three to four times higher a concentration of fiber as the fruit inside,” says Snyder. “Fiber is an important part of the body’s process when it comes to cleansing toxins from the body. Peels also contain a bevy of anti-aging antioxidants and vitamins.” By the way, they’re also very low in calories, fats, and sugars.

I eat the banana but not the peel. The fruit is good enough for me. The peel is good fertiliser for house plants.

:confused:Did you read the article? Here's what you are missing:

Plus the article goes into greater detail with other fruits as well, try it dunwiddat. If you get sick, I'll come and take care of you.

I eat the banana

I eat the banana but not the peel. The fruit is good enough for me. The peel is good fertiliser for house plants.

You know Clyde, I was just reading an article stating the same thing about
watermelon. It,spoke of all the wonderful health benefits of eating
the whole melon. It stated that this
fruit...was meant to be eaten in total.
Leaving nothing behind.

Correct butterfly#1, I post lots of
Threads on healthy eating, which may get confusing sometimes; but just as long as you get the information, its all good. There are some I tease with, like dunwiddat, to get them to see what you see. That in this case, eating at least some, not all of the hulls and peels of fruit, is very nutritional.

You know Clyde, I was just reading an article stating the same thing about
watermelon. It,spoke of all the wonderful health benefits of eating
the whole melon. It stated that this
fruit...was meant to be eaten in total.
Leaving nothing behind.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back