Black Relationships : Do you think you are sexy? Whats sexy to you?

Do you think your sexy?

• Darn Right Im Sexxy!

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Yea, I guess

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Thats what they say, so who am i to question?

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I dont think so.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I used to be, 5 years and 2 divorces ago.

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
Monetary said:
I've had the same experiences that you speak of. I found out what worked for me...as Isaiah had stated...and worked that when interacting with Sistas. I believe the ladies on this site are giving you some advice as well.

I learned a long time ago, that the worst "VICE", is "adVICE".

However, at this point in time, I have more good experiences than bad ones with Sistas . I've had too many great experiences where Sistas who didn't even know me have gone to bat for me because they knew how things worked and knew that our people were getting screwed. They made a conscious decision to help their people in any way they could. I give much respect to Sistas and Brothas who do that because they know how things work and we don't. For example, taking care of health issues, applying for unemployment compensation, dealing with the cable company, applying for a job, etc. Of course, I'm speaking of situations of a broader perspective here.

Yes, you are, and you are also speaking about YOUR situations, which have no bearing on mine. Though I'm truly glad that SOMEbody his having good real-world experiences with Sisters.

Look at it this way. For all the Sistas you can't get along with, just chalk it up to them not being the one for you...and keep it moving. Every woman you meet will not be attracted to you no matter how funny you are, how sexy you are, how intelligent you are, or whatever other attractive attributes you may have.

You continue to miss the point, just as ISAIAH and others do, despite my best efforts to explain it to you.......

It's not about "who's right for me". I'm not necessarily trying to find a wife from the lot of women that I meet everyday. Are all those sisters that you mention, who are helping you with "taking care of health issues, applying for unemployment compensation, dealing with the cable company, applying for a job, etc."........Are they "right for you"? Do you even factor that in, when you are taking part in these interactions?

If not, then why should I, when just the opposite happens for me? When it comes to every one of those situations that you named, most of the Sisters that I interact with are calling on me for assistance with them, when nothing to offer in return.

I call this exploitation.

And not all Sistas are going to treat you right or leave you alone if they're not attracted to you. I know some Sistas who say that if a man gives her his money she'll take it. Of course, she doesn't have to...but she will. So, it's up to you to protect yourself and not let someone like that take advantage of you. Just like the Sistas who asked you for favors. If you feel that they are taking advantage of you, then stop doing favors for them. Do what's best for you and don't let anyone take advantage of you.

Peace

Of course, but that remedy is still putting the carriage before the horse. The issue still remains, that Black people (men and women) still see each other only as means to an end, and not someone to be cherished and valued.

You don't have to find me "sexy", in order to appreciate me as a man and a human being.

Do you understand this?

PEACE

Like Whoa.........

Yes, I would consider myself naturally very ~SEXY~

Whoa, I'm a little late on this one, but peep this scene:

This past summer, I went out at 10:30 to get a refill on my raspberry iced-tea at a local AM/PM market. I was wearing a pair of shorts, and a tank-top(100*). as I finished paying for my drink, I was purchasing a $3 lotto ticket. This one semi-attractive brother says hello, I say hello back.............SUDDENLY, he gets a milli-inch behind me, puts his teeth darn-near on my neck, and whispered: "You sexy as #ell" I told him to back-back, and knew that he was emulating a new song: "Tooth-2-the Neck". He did. So as I got into my car........SUDDENLY, he plopped himself into my passenger seat with a big grin on his face!!!! He shoved his # to me, I was so shocked that I was at a loss of words. I told him: "Beat It" (get outta here). I wasn't trying to be rude, but he was TOO AGGRESSIVE. As I was pulling away.....he started BUMPING this one DERROGATORY song, with all kinds of 8itches&h03s. I was sticking out like a sore thumb. ERRRRRRRRRRBODY was staring like I was supposed to act a darn fool behind it.

Another incident is when I was walking out of the same AM/PM. A good looking brother rolled^ right in front of me, and was giving me the "bedroom eye". He said: "Lemme holla atchoo". I told him straight^ I was involved. He asked me to use my cell, and ended up logging his number into it. He told me he had a woman, but he was "lookin for another side dish to add to his platter".I was so embarrassed, and it was the longest walk to my car.....seemed like it took 5 minutes!!!!LOL.

This and many other experiences made me apprehensive to talk to many brothers, especially when I'm out on an errand. Not all have been rude. I'm a quiet person, and just don't feel like talking most of the time. I've skimmed through earlier posts in this thread, and can agree with both the Brothers & Sisters. Not everybody is being rude when they don't gawk at you, or smile on site.

spicybrown said:
This past summer, I went out at 10:30 to get a refill on my raspberry iced-tea at a local AM/PM market. I was wearing a pair of shorts, and a tank-top(100*). as I finished paying for my drink, I was purchasing a $3 lotto ticket. This one semi-attractive brother says hello, I say hello back.............SUDDENLY, he gets a milli-inch behind me, puts his teeth darn-near on my neck, and whispered: "You sexy as #ell" I told him to back-back, and knew that he was emulating a new song: "Tooth-2-the Neck". He did. So as I got into my car........SUDDENLY, he plopped himself into my passenger seat with a big grin on his face!!!! He shoved his # to me, I was so shocked that I was at a loss of words. I told him: "Beat It" (get outta here). I wasn't trying to be rude, but he was TOO AGGRESSIVE. As I was pulling away.....he started BUMPING this one DERROGATORY song, with all kinds of 8itches&h03s. I was sticking out like a sore thumb. ERRRRRRRRRRBODY was staring like I was supposed to act a darn fool behind it.

That is why women need to carry pepper spray.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back