Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Do You Dye Your Gray / Grey Hair ?

After 40-something the gray came in so fast, I hardly recognized myself and I considered dying it. But, I didn't and still don't. It's natural, it's me and I'm sort of lazy when it comes to fussing with my hair anyway. It's very silvery and sparkles in the sunlight. I like that. :)

Peace and Blessings Family,

Now that i'm over 25, getting a little bit of gray / grey and stuff ... i've noticed i'm almost alone with it!
It's rare to see a woman with gray hair these days, at any age.
Yes, there are a few here and there, but the vast majority of women are not graying anymore! :eeek:
Do you dye your gray / grey?
This question is for Brothers too, as i know yall can be kinda caught up in such things as well.
Sisters and Brothers ... do you dye your gray / grey hair?
We won't tell anyone ... if you tell us ... QQ ... :)
I've never dyed my hair, but the more i get (and i got a lot) ... the more i think i oughtta !!! :eeek:
How about you?
:heart:
Destee

No, I don't dye my hair.
...and you'd think I would since I'm so looks-obsessed. *laugh*
*shrug* I'm not peeling and ZOOMing for my health. I didn't get lipo for no good reason. I'm not working out (solely) for my health.
I'm skiin', squattin' and deadliftin' for aesthetic reasons, thank you very much.
*laugh*
I don't downplay my shortcomings. I own them.

So much is made of a woman's looks. Of course, I subscribe to that. *shrug*
... but there are drawbacks ....

I don't mind gray hair. It's the wrinkles that bother me.

I think I have 'smile lines'.
Mother Nature ... is a cruel, harsh mistress.
My husband just tells me that 'nothing's wrong' with my face and that I 'better not act a damned fool and have someone put a knife to' my face 'and f--- it up' when he's outta town because I'm 'going to have to 'get used to looking like Quasimodo' because 'we are not suing anyone'.
*laugh*

So...now, one of his pet-names for me is, 'Quasi'. <-- Really?
As a small side-note, I think I'm turning my husband into an a--hole. *laugh*
...because that's definitely the sort of thing that would fly out of my mouth.

I'm not doing a thing to myself. He just so happened to walk through the room while I was discussing plastic surgery with a friend...while on a medi-spa website. To be fair, she was talking about getting a breast lift (because 3 pregnancies have destroyed her body. It's true. Her breasts look like a pair of flap-jacks). I was on the site trying to figure the procedure out...and just so happened to meander over to the dermal filler section.

I didn't say that I was going to do anything.
...and even if I did; the point is not to 'fix' my face. It's about retention.
I wish that I could flash-freeze my face and grow old that way.
I tend to furrow my brow...often - and I don't have wrinkles up there. So, I don't get it.

I'll tell you something else: Ever since I crossed the thirties threshold, my body is trying it's best to fall apart.
The joints on my right leg are bothering me. I've got a bunion on my right foot (...and no - that did NOT come from my heels. That happened years ago when I was in the AF. I'd forgotten my dress shoes and had to wear the shoes of another. Truth be told? MOST of my rt leg injuries came about when I was on active duty. Shin splints, stress fx's, sprained knee, etc... believe that.)
My hip's always popping. Got decripitus in my knee.

I practically have to work out now...and I never had to work out before. I just ate whatever I liked and my body just did what it was s'posed to, I guess.
It's not like that anymore. My metabolism has dropped through the floor.
And...I don't even care if this is TMI: I'm having 'GI issues'. I can't even enjoy a bowl of cereal. How the hell did I develop a lactose intolerance?

...but those are my issues and personal drama.

I don't dye my hair. I have a few strands and everyone at work's trying to yank them out. I like them, though. For some reason. I don't think I'd mind a hair of gray.
That could be cute.

Anywho --

in place of traditional hair coloring, why not henna instead?
Yes - you can henna with relaxed hair, too.
http://hennaforhair.com/

(I'm not affiliated with this company. just sharing.)

I used to henna awhile ago.
In my mixture, I used peppermint oil, some other sort of powder that I can't recall, a few bags of henna and conditioner.
Slathered it on and let it condition for some hours with a cap on.

If you have dark hair? Your hair will be dark... but in the sunlight? A nice rich dark-wine color with flecks of copper. I used to rec'v so many compliments.

Although...if you're natural? Henna is said to loosen the texture.
It wasn't my experience. To me, my texture just felt that much more... 'defined', I guess?
Henna is lovely protein additive for the hair.

(protein makes the hair stronger)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back