The Front Porch : Destee Family Reunion!

Would you attend the Destee Family Reunion?

• Yes

Votes: 67 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 34 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be somewhere beautiful.. thats away from the hustle n bustle.. but still a short drive to it. Id prefer this enviorment.. so ppl wont be so inclined to go off on their own.. but yet... mingle locally with others in our family... theres no reason for us not to have a great conversation/ stime with each of our brothers n sisters.

Triniti.. im really looking foward to seeeing you girl.. cause we been rolling since.. I got to the forums... I know its going to be a blast!

Well be.. the social team.. lol.. makin sure errybody gettin to kno erry body.

good question Trin.......i guess we should just roll with these cities
and narrow it down ..........two places to pick from is good too .....
i agree wit dat
A poll can be done to pick two choices on the cities and we see from
that point .
There was never a person in charge but who is willing to step up and help
make it all happen i see Tantrum & sista River have stepped it up and look
like sista Poetic have stepped it up and i'm ready to step it up on this event.

I take it rich will be actually showing his face at the reunion yall... hell be the one that we all will be askin.... who dat! .... Ill get my hello my name is tags ready now.:deal:

$$RICH$$ said:
good question Trin.......i guess we should just roll with these cities
and narrow it down ..........two places to pick from is good too .....
i agree wit dat
A poll can be done to pick two choices on the cities and we see from
that point .
There was never a person in charge but who is willing to step up and help
make it all happen i see Tantrum & sista River have stepped it up and look
like sista Poetic have stepped it up and i'm ready to step it up on this event.

Exactly what is the status of the Family Reunion? If there is going to be a Family Reunion then I can be counted upon in being in attendance. I'm not so much as interested in the location of the Family Reunion as I am in how much participation it is will garner.

I've been to several Family Reunions (or offlines as they are commonly referred as), and my experiences have shown me that the vast majority of individuals will give lip service in support of one but in reality very few will actually attend. This Family Reunion discussion has been kick around to the point of ad nauseam. Now is the time for action and less talk. At this point we should be discussing:

1. Who is going to be on the planning committee.

2. The committee should select the location.

3. The hotel accommodations and prices presented to the participates along with a list of events and activities that will be scheduled.

Depending on the group size and time of year, discounts on lodging and meals can be negotiated at a reasonable price. A couple of years ago I helped sponsor one in Virginia Beach. We had a fairly large group which consisted of a little of a hundred people. The beachfront hotel we were staying in gave us a 35% discount on rooms we had blocked off, free breakfast, meal discounts and a large conference room. The deal we negotiated was what I deemed to be reasonable but I also realize that what is considered reasonable can be highly subjective. However, with that said, confident prices can be held to the point that they can be affordable to the ones who are truly interested in attending.

If we are going to do this dayum thang then lets do it! If not ... then this discussion needs to cease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back