Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Confession - I'm So Tired of Fighting with My Natural Hair!

Great advice. I'm now into the flower hair pins and banana clips. Here they are co-washed, although it has a tad more volume when dry. I'm seriously thinking of braiding in some thick hair or even yarn for more volume, so I can style them as opposed to just wearing them down. I have a light press now, but plan on twisting again in May, so any tips would be helpful. TIA.

2myaqyw.jpg

awwwww Sister Spicy ... it's so pretty !!! ... what are those ... twists or braids? They look nice!

I see water dripp'n and everything ... :look:

I've seen Sisters with the yarn braids ... they are nice ... wouldn't even know it's yarn!

Thanks for Sharing Sweetie ... Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

Great advice. I'm now into the flower hair pins and banana clips. Here they are co-washed, although it has a tad more volume when dry. I'm seriously thinking of braiding in some thick hair or even yarn for more volume, so I can style them as opposed to just wearing them down. I have a light press now, but plan on twisting again in May, so any tips would be helpful. TIA.

2myaqyw.jpg

When you twist your hair do you blow dry out your hair and then twist it, or do you just twist it directly after washing it? For me whenever I twist it directly after washing it, and detangling it, my twists always curl up. Versus when I blow dry it and then twist it, it stays twisted much longer, and it doesn't curl up as much. I can never leave my twists in longer than a week, because they coil up and lock. :(

awwwww Sister Spicy ... it's so pretty !!! ... what are those ... twists or braids? They look nice!

I see water dripp'n and everything ... :look:

I've seen Sisters with the yarn braids ... they are nice ... wouldn't even know it's yarn!

Thanks for Sharing Sweetie ... Love You! :grouphug:

Destee

Thanks for allowing me to share, Mama D. It's the two strand twists. I had just co-washed.

When you twist your hair do you blow dry out your hair and then twist it, or do you just twist it directly after washing it? For me whenever I twist it directly after washing it, and detangling it, my twists always curl up. Versus when I blow dry it and then twist it, it stays twisted much longer, and it doesn't curl up as much. I can never leave my twists in longer than a week, because they coil up and lock. :(

Chile, be happy your hair holds a strong curl. I prefer to wash twice a week and co-wash in between... so yeah, it's freshly washed before twisting. Before I twisted I apply virgin olive oil throughout... some blue magic every other day and leave-in conditioner everyday after wetting it. I've had a few court dates of late, so I've had it straightened (guess why, LOL), and can't WAIT to retwist.

Thanks for allowing me to share, Mama D. It's the two strand twists. I had just co-washed.

Sister please @ allowing you to share ... :love: ... I LOVE YOU SHARING !!! ... :toast:

What is co-wash ... ?? Washing while your hair is still braided or twisted?

I've heard the term a few times, but never knew what it meantedededed ... :)

Love You! :kiss:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back