Black People : Bid to seal off US-Mexico border

MississippiRed said:
I personally think the border should be closed and not because of any racial motivation I believe that the economic survival of Black folks in America depends on it...It's funny up until maybe 8 or so years ago there were no Mexicans in or around the town I'm from in Mississippi and slowly but surely the illegal has gotten a foothold in the area doing the jobs that Black folk used to do but making much less .....many of the unskilled labor jobs and factory jobs that used to be worked by Blacks now go to these illegal Mexicans...it is my belief that illegal and legal immigrants as well are being used to supplant Blacks in America forcing us further to the brink of extinction and closer to the fringes of society.....

As far as what Victoria has said about feeling sympathy for the Mexicans in Mexico I cannot......we are in an age of open warfare where we as a whole are having to fight for our very existense ......on a physical, spiritual and especially and economic level....I go through some neighborhoods up here that used to be mainly Black with Black owned business and they are now largely made up of Mexicans with a large population of illegals being the main residents.....so to me this is not an issue of "I feel bad for them because their country is screwed up so let them in" this is an issue of the more of them that come the more certain job markets that we used to depend on slant to hiring illegals thus throwing many Black folks into financial turmoil that a large number will never recover from and as such become wards of the state having to go on public assistance which we know can easily become a generational curse but makes them dependant on the govt essentially making them modern day economic pets which the govt can disgard at any time....so don't get the issue twisted ..people that look at the world with your heart instead of your head will be at the mercy of those who make decisions based on fact and thought.....the Mexicans sliding through San Ysidro, and the high desert,and Ciudad Juarez and Calexico aren't using their emotions coming through their thinking with their heads and using economics as a motive for what they're doing...do you think they feel sorry for the Blacks that are being displaced by them? The next time you want to look at America's(in general and Black America's in particular) illegal immigrant problem look at it from an economic view and you may be surprised at what you find.....close the border...the job and family you save may just be your own..

MississippiRed

True... but some would argue that the 'illegals' are taking advantage of the opportunities because many of us weren't there in the first place.

I don't agree with non-blacks establishing businesses in the black community... I think blacks should be economically self-sufficient. But if some of the business-minded persons in the community aren't willing to invest in the black areas of most need, can you blame someone else for taking advantage?

And as far as immigration... be assured whites are handling it, but not for passing out more jobs to blacks... but that's a different story which I don't want to debate. In the process, however, some African immigrants are getting hurt because the crackdown is on everybody.

And if this opinion seems offensive, I apologize in advance but it is my opinion, which people are free to disagree with.

I see your point but my question is who was doing the jobs before the Mexicans got there? I know a few boys at home who lost their jobs to Mexicans because the guy that owned the land could pay them half of what they paid my folks....granted it's only driving a tractor all day but to me it's an example of what has happened in other places ...Hotel maids and servers and cooks used to be mostly Black but over time we were supplanted by Mexicans usually illegal because as I said above the can be paid less and their employers do not have to give them benes...

and no I can't blame anyone for taking advantage of a situation and using it to their advantage that's rule number 1 of getting ahead...but the way I see it some of those advantages are a direct effect of the influx of illegals...Black businesses closing down in what used to be Black communities due to the moving out of their client base and the influx of folks that have no need for that business or patronize the businesses run by their own forcing the Black owned business slowly out of business and we share some fault in this because a lot of times we don't support our own..personally I try to used Black owned businesses for the things I need and want even to the point of driving 15 miles to get a catfish plate because a Brother owns the place which is now out of business while the Mexican joint across the street flourishes....that place was good too....

As far as immigration and the gov't ......it's well known that our gov't has it's picks and chooses as far as who gets in and who's locked out if Mexicans weren't wanted here they wouldn't be here much like Indians coming here now in waves......and I understand that African immigrants are hurt and on the locked out list but I at this point can't worry about them (maybe due to lack of world vision or a lack of a true understanding of how Pan-Africanism can further our cause) because I'm more concerned with the financial well being and economic status of my people here in America in general and Mississippi specifically....

This like anything else though is only my perspective and take on things and like anything else everyone has their own take and I believe that as such the answer is always somewhere in the middle with no 1 person ever being completely right or wrong on a given issue...

MississippiRed

Not only are they bringing in Mexicans but millions of other immigrants to shake up and break up Black communities all over the Unites States.
Check out every historically Black community from Harlem to Atlanta to South-side Chicago to Watts and you'll see an overwhelming influx of immigrants.

But the funny thing is these immigrants barely have anything to do with us socially.

At best, we just smile as we pass eachother on the street.

Some may ask what's wrong with that, but the wisest among us would want to know who the heck these people are, how did they get here, and WHY are they here?

The entire Black world looks to the AfroAmerican community for political, economic, and cultural guidance.

Once we are removed and have lost our status...then what?

I wish there was enough Black men who thought like me around.

Too many Black men seem to not care about anything.

Everything is cool.

"I got me a cell-phone, my girl, and a bottle of Paul Mason...what more do I need?"

Perhaps that's the problem.

I think I might start a thread on it.

Dual Karnayn said:
Not only are they bringing in Mexicans but millions of other immigrants to shake up and break up Black communities all over the Unites States.
Check out every historically Black community from Harlem to Atlanta to South-side Chicago to Watts and you'll see an overwhelming influx of immigrants.

But the funny thing is these immigrants barely have anything to do with us socially.

At best, we just smile as we pass eachother on the street.

Some may ask what's wrong with that, but the wisest among us would want to know who the heck these people are, how did they get here, and WHY are they here?

The entire Black world looks to the AfroAmerican community for political, economic, and cultural guidance.

Once we are removed and have lost our status...then what?

I wish there was enough Black men who thought like me around.

Too many Black men seem to not care about anything.

Everything is cool.

"I got me a cell-phone, my girl, and a bottle of Paul Mason...what more do I need?"

Perhaps that's the problem.

I think I might start a thread on it.

This is not a bad idea.

But again... people's experiences & perceptions are different... one may have seen things of a variety of groups that another has never seen, so such experiences may affect their opinion. One may have also witnessed with their own eyes certain groups trying to bridge things together at the very least on a platonic level.... (you don't have to be romantic with a person to understand where they're coming from). Such viewpoints which some on the board consider guillable, naive, tommish/antiblack are still nonetheless in the minds of some, and should be allowed to be shared without extreme ridicule (just saying as a general statement). Debated, yes, but not ridiculed... if they are following the rules at least.

But overall, I agree that the black community needs to establish economic solidarity.

MississippiRed said:
I personally think the border should be closed and not because of any racial motivation I believe that the economic survival of Black folks in America depends on it...It's funny up until maybe 8 or so years ago there were no Mexicans in or around the town I'm from in Mississippi and slowly but surely the illegal has gotten a foothold in the area doing the jobs that Black folk used to do but making much less .....many of the unskilled labor jobs and factory jobs that used to be worked by Blacks now go to these illegal Mexicans...it is my belief that illegal and legal immigrants as well are being used to supplant Blacks in America forcing us further to the brink of extinction and closer to the fringes of society.....

As far as what Victoria has said about feeling sympathy for the Mexicans in Mexico I cannot......we are in an age of open warfare where we as a whole are having to fight for our very existense ......on a physical, spiritual and especially and economic level....I go through some neighborhoods up here that used to be mainly Black with Black owned business and they are now largely made up of Mexicans with a large population of illegals being the main residents.....so to me this is not an issue of "I feel bad for them because their country is screwed up so let them in" this is an issue of the more of them that come the more certain job markets that we used to depend on slant to hiring illegals thus throwing many Black folks into financial turmoil that a large number will never recover from and as such become wards of the state having to go on public assistance which we know can easily become a generational curse but makes them dependant on the govt essentially making them modern day economic pets which the govt can disgard at any time....so don't get the issue twisted ..people that look at the world with your heart instead of your head will be at the mercy of those who make decisions based on fact and thought.....the Mexicans sliding through San Ysidro, and the high desert,and Ciudad Juarez and Calexico aren't using their emotions coming through their thinking with their heads and using economics as a motive for what they're doing...do you think they feel sorry for the Blacks that are being displaced by them? The next time you want to look at America's(in general and Black America's in particular) illegal immigrant problem look at it from an economic view and you may be surprised at what you find.....close the border...the job and family you save may just be your own..MississippiRed

I totally agree with you. I posted something relative to your post a few weeks ago. When you get a bunch of desperate immigrants, they will be opportunists. This is a dog-eat-dog world. You can't blame them for taking advantage of poor border control, however, I don't agree with their stance on Blacks as being lazy simply because they're willing to work below minimum wage. If Blacks worked for .50 less, I'm sure we'd have all those jobs. Many of these Mexicans talk bad about Blacks, how we were slaves, etc, like we were willing; yet, many of them are in the same economic position.The white man is sneaky. He has given every color an X amount of time in America to get their shine on*. I say in 25-30 years, he'll roll up the red carpet from under the Mexicans feet, and say, "you should've gotten while the gettin was good". We should adapt this mentality amongst ourselves. This is a deliberate war pitted amongst Blacks & Browns, seeing how WM wish us to all disappear. However the Latinos aren't too worried because they cling to their culture, establish their own communities, homeland is right across the border, and many pass for white, and are regarded as white on the census. So......we have our backs up against the wall, and have no choice except to come out fighting

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back