Black People : Bid to seal off US-Mexico border

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Nov 5, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4407558.stm

2. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I think the Mexican border SHOULD be sealed off.

Mexicans pouring across the border to be the new slaves of white people are the biggest threat to our economica and political power to date.

Too many Black politicians and leaders have let us down on this issue by continually seeking unity with those who have little love and respect for us and don't wish to unite.

Black people really should demand a stop to ALL immigration of non-Blacks until we gain a more equal footing with the whites of this country.
    But I don't expect Black leaders to have the courage or insight to call for this.

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I couldn't agree with you more!

4. Victoria87

Victoria87 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

I couldn't agree less. Mexico has problems inconceivable to anyone who has grown up in the U.S. I'm not talking racism or living in crappy apartments, I'm talking full-blown, eating dirt off the floor, having your kid begging for food poverty. Mexicans come to the U.S seeking a better life for themselves after it seems they have no choice, not to take over as the "new slaves."

However, stopping all immigration, not considering other people's needs or situations, is just plain selfish and xenophobic. You can't step over everyone else in order to solve your problems. That's just not fair.

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Mexico's problems are primarily over population and a lack of jobs. Therefore they seek to come to the US, which is also becoming overcrowed, without enough jobs for the people who already live here. This is literally jumping from the frying pan into the skillet!

I don't know if you are black Vicoria87; however, the jobs Mexicans compete for are mostly jobs which would go to African Americans. Why would black people welcome them or be indifferent to their arriving by the millions. This isn't even factoring in their tendency to drive wages down in the industries they enter, and their reducing job prospects for blacks (areas with high South American populations start requiring bilingual candidates for jobs which previously required only English).

6. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    PanAfrica

Thanx bro.

Judging by the number of responses you've got on this very pertinant thread, I shows how much work is needed on the minds of our people to get them wake up.

Victoria

Are you Black?

If you are, why are you worried about how Mexicans are living and whether or not THEY get a fair break?

They don't care about you.

You say it's not fair that people should stay in thier own country?

Then it's not fair that a homeless person should stay outside of your home if he wants to come in and eat and sleep in your bed.
    He's needy and you should share.

Look how the few Black people in Mexico are treated and that'll show you how much they think of you.
    If they were incharge of America Black people wouldn't even be allowed to EAT.

They'd push us all to one side of the country and hope an earthquake overtakes us.

Lol....but some of yall know I'm right.

7. Victoria87

Victoria87 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

No, I'm not black, to answer your question.

I feel bad for Mexicans, because basically, everyone hates them, nobody respects them, they constantly get ridiculed, and people refuse to try to understand them. Even Hispanics can't stand Mexicans, I should know. I'm Dominican and when I was fourteen, my mother sat me down, looked me straight in the face and said, "I don't want to make you follow racism dear, but when you get a boyfriend, just make sure he's not Mexican. He could be anything in the world, just not that."

I feel bad for Mexicans because people preach and preach about their problems never realizing that someone else has it worse, and instead of helping others, they say, "Well you know what, I was here first."

I'm not saying it's unfair that people should stay in their countries, I'm saying it's unfair that people complain about other people going into their countries when they could help if they wanted to. It disgusts me that my country complains about Haitians crossing over. Uh, hello? Haiti is only the poorest country on Earth and you're gonna complain about not having room? What the hell is that?

I'm very aware that Mexicans hate blacks. I hear what they talk about. Newsflash; Mexicans hate everyone. They hate me, they hate you, they hate white people, they hate Arabs, they hate Asians, etc. But I still feel bad for them. They're controlled by hate and have to deal with a load of other BS. I can't stand to watch people that miserable get stomped on. You would be to Mexicans what white people are to you. Because believe it or not, you have it waaayyyy better than they do.

8. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    As long as large farming companies(plantations) continue looking for cheap labor, mexicans will continue streaming across the border.

Sealing the border has the same chance as a snowball in hell. The farmers will lobby their legislators not to vote for it, unless they find a way to further subsidize them.

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Well then guess what? You've just lost your audience and all credibility!!

10. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    It's true what you say about other latin americans looking down on Mexicans, because I hear it all the time. Personally I've never had any run ins with mexicans, but I will say one thing about most of the one's I know, and that is they have an excellent work ethic