Support : Attachments

I have the media add-on too. I'mma transfer over blogs, albums, media and eventually attachments.

All this stuff makes me want to turn my computer off. BUT the upgrade was worth it because xenforo is so much faster.

I was really, really, really shocked when I found this site cause every other Black forum I'm on, they still on vbulletin.

What made you decide to switch over?

I had been with vBulletin since 2001, really loved their product, community, support, everything ... and then they sold to Internet Brands, and that ushered in an entirely new energy ... one less endearing ... raising prices, pressured to buy sight unseen (which i did not), and then all of the complaints that followed 4 ... i wasn't sure what we were going to do ... i'd been following it closely all along, was looking at other software ... just in case ... saw that Mike and Kier had launched their own ... and these were really great guys from vb, that i'd had lots of interaction with over the years ... received great support from ... so ... in May, 2011 our forum / vb was compromised ... thousands and thousands of sex links added ... way krazee ... i had to shut us down to clean it up ... we were down for a week ... and in the midst of that ... with so many other vb sites complaining about compromises ... with me knowing i could not move forward with vb, with the same eager heart i had all the years ... i jumped ship ... glad Mike, Kier, and Xenforo were there for us!

That's why ... :)

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

I had been with vBulletin since 2001, really loved their product, community, support, everything ... and then they sold to Internet Brands, and that ushered in an entirely new energy ... one less endearing ... raising prices, pressured to buy sight unseen (which i did not), and then all of the complaints that followed 4 ... i wasn't sure what we were going to do ... i'd been following it closely all along, was looking at other software ... just in case ... saw that Mike and Kier had launched their own ... and these were really great guys from vb, that i'd had lots of interaction with over the years ... received great support from ... so ... in May, 2011 our forum / vb was compromised ... thousands and thousands of sex links added ... way krazee ... i had to shut us down to clean it up ... we were down for a week ... and in the midst of that ... with so many other vb sites complaining about compromises ... with me knowing i could not move forward with vb, with the same eager heart i had all the years ... i jumped ship ... glad Mike, Kier, and Xenforo were there for us!

That's why ... :)

Love You!

Destee
Hey that happened to me too except instead of sex links being added they deleted my whole site. Luckily I had a back-up cause I try to back up the site once a month. My host also backs up the site hourly but I don't depend on em cause when they back stuff up and restore it sometimes stuff ends up missing. I've been following Kier's case pretty closely. I read up on him and his software before switching over. I read his two interviews, one when he used to lead vbulletin's development team and one after he formed xenforo with Mike. After reading those interviews I was sold.

Interview with Kier Darby - Jelsoft Product Manager | vBulletin Lead Developer

Interview with Kier Darby - XenForo Developer

After reading this, I can see why Kier left. http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=613101#post613101

IB wanted to outsource vb4 development to China lol.

This dude Jake helped me redirect old threads and stuff. I'm reading his interview right now.

When he was at vBulletin
http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12630

Now at Xenforo
http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89290

Okay after reading some of Jake's interviews I think he might be able to help me out with attachments. You should ask him too if you still have some of yours.

Hey that happened to me too except instead of sex links being added they deleted my whole site. Luckily I had a back-up cause I try to back up the site once a month. My host also backs up the site hourly but I don't depend on em cause when they back stuff up and restore it sometimes stuff ends up missing. I've been following Kier's case pretty closely. I read up on him and his software before switching over. I read his two interviews, one when he used to lead vbulletin's development team and one after he formed xenforo with Mike. After reading those interviews I was sold.

Interview with Kier Darby - Jelsoft Product Manager | vBulletin Lead Developer

Interview with Kier Darby - XenForo Developer

After reading this, I can see why Kier left. http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=613101#post613101

IB wanted to outsource vb4 development to China lol.

This dude Jake helped me redirect old threads and stuff. I'm reading his interview right now.

When he was at vBulletin
http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12630

Now at Xenforo
http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89290

Okay after reading some of Jake's interviews I think he might be able to help me out with attachments. You should ask him too if you still have some of yours.

Great ... yes ... all great guys ... they made it very easy for me to feel comfortable with the move.

Thanks too for the attachments info ... i will look into that.

So nice having you here with us! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ... :toast:

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Great ... yes ... all great guys ... they made it very easy for me to feel comfortable with the move.

Thanks too for the attachments info ... i will look into that.

So nice having you here with us! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ... :toast:

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee
I've encountered a lot of dudes on here who will tell me I can't do something and after experimenting around I actually do it. I'm still a noob as I've only been a webmaster for a year and two months now but I don't let nobody tell me I can't do something. I figure it out or find someone who knows. I like sharing what I learn too. I mod on a vbulletin site occasionally. I think they should switch over to xenforo but they ain't hearing me. This software really is awesome. Have you thought about putting google adsense ads on yours? I am soon. Did you have google ads on your last site?

I've encountered a lot of dudes on here who will tell me I can't do something and after experimenting around I actually do it. I'm still a noob as I've only been a webmaster for a year and two months now but I don't let nobody tell me I can't do something. I figure it out or find someone who knows. I like sharing what I learn too. I mod on a vbulletin site occasionally. I think they should switch over to xenforo but they ain't hearing me. This software really is awesome. Have you thought about putting google adsense ads on yours? I am soon. Did you have google ads on your last site?

I love your zeal, and your willingness to share ... THANK YOU!

We do have adsense on the site now, and did have it when we were using vb too.

It wasn't an easy transition for us, adding advertisements, but we did it.

Stay encouraged ... you're great ... your sites are great ... so don't let anyone get in your way!

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back