Black Entertainment : ASHANTI'S CD....CONCRETE ROSE 04'

spicybrown

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 21, 2005
This has got to be one of the hottest records she has out thus far. Ashanti is an artist who doesn't get the props she deserves, IMO. Her next to newest CD: "Concrete Rose", has several hits that cover issues such as:

"Focused"-breaking free from an abusive relationship

"Take Me Tonight"- A youthful duet of two lovers admiring, and appreciating each others qualities, Featuring LLoyd

"Still Down"- An duet involving both parties professing their love and devotion to each other while the guy is incarcerated, Featuring TI

"So Hot"- A Romantic song, where she initiates a rendez-vous with a special someone

"U"- admitting to having a burning desire for a special someone

What do you all think of this? I'm certain the majority of you are familiar with it. I am not a record promoter, but let's celebrate Ashanti's talent and style, and give the props she deserves.
:picture: :spinstar: :spinstar:

spicybrown said:
This has got to be one of the hottest records she has out thus far. Ashanti is an artist who doesn't get the props she deserves, IMO. Her next to newest CD: "Concrete Rose", has several hits that cover issues such as:

"Focused"-breaking free from an abusive relationship

"Take Me Tonight"- A youthful duet of two lovers admiring, and appreciating each others qualities, Featuring LLoyd

"Still Down"- An duet involving both parties professing their love and devotion to each other while the guy is incarcerated, Featuring TI

"So Hot"- A Romantic song, where she initiates a rendez-vous with a special someone

"U"- admitting to having a burning desire for a special someone

What do you all think of this? I'm certain the majority of you are familiar with it. I am not a record promoter, but let's celebrate Ashanti's talent and style, and give the props she deserves.
:picture: :spinstar: :spinstar:

I just picked this up over the weekend and haven't listened to it yet. Only thing I've had in my deck the past week is her compilations cd.

spicybrown said:
It's a pretty enlightening CD, ya know.....sort of sappy with a youthful twist, and a teaspoon of puppy-love:spinstar:

Ok, thanks...I will make sure that I check it out one day this week. I'm waiting for her cousin Ak'sent's cd to drop...

I got a bulletin from her this morning and need to print it out...

Anyway, I have always liked Ashanti because she reminds me alot of Aaliyah and usually has pretty tight production.

Most of what I listen to these days probably could be considered "hip hop soul" and Ashanti may not be exactly the best "singer" but there is a "Family" relationship that I have to respect...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back