Food Discussion : Are you Gluten-Free?

Do you eat gluten-free food?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Greetings Sister MsInterpret,

Yes, I eat gluten-free foods and think they are delicious...and in most instances, more tasty than foods processed with gluten. My family has food allergies that were self-diagnosed due to physical symptoms that were evident over the years but we didn't know to associate them with foods we were eating until the last 4 years. My daughter, who seems to have suffered the most from consumption of wheat and milk products with lactose, did extensive research, consulted with experts and identified the culprits. Now, we do whatever we can to avoid products with those ingredients and we feel great. As a result, we are eating far healthier than we ever have.

Unfortunately though, we find that it's far more expensive to purchase gluten-free foods but we are noticing that mainstream grocery stores in our area have now added them to their regular stock so we don't have to confine our shopping to specialty stores like Better Health which tend to be very expensive. Although I can tolerate some wheat, whenever I do, I am careful to keep foods in the house separate to avoid contamination because my daughter is 100% gluten-free.

If you do try gluten-free foods, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Trial and error--like anything, there will be some things you like and some you won't. Word of caution though--become an expert and consistent label reader. If you consume something that says it's gluten-free and you experience symptoms, check where the product was manufactured. Some factories where gluten-free products are made will also produce foods with gluten and they may not be careful to avoid cross-contamination.

Good luck!

Queenie :heart:

Thanks NNQueen and omowalejabali...I really appreciate your knowledge on this....And I will check out that link.

I really want to try this out, because the whole vegetarian experience was a bit hard...
I know that dairy has been a burden on my allergies, but I still seem to get it and I'm almost certain if I go gluten-free this might be an almost absolute solution.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back