Pan-Africanism : Are You African or African American?

Are You "African" or "African American?"

• I am African.

Votes: 83 46.4%
  • I am African American.

Votes: 52 29.1%
  • none of the above

Votes: 44 24.6%

• Total voters
Yes, Pharoah Jah...and I might add:

If the European slave traders had been successful in their attempts to enslave the Indian, there would have been no need for them to have gone to Africa for slaves. The Indian chose death rather than slavery, forcing the European to go to Africa for slaves. This resulted in the creation of a new race: the light-skinned African-American man and the light-skinned African-American woman.

("All things work for the good in God's kingdom.")

There are three beautiful shades of Blackness: (1) the light-skinned brothers andsisters, (2) the brown-skinned brothers and sisters, and (3) the dark-skinned brothers and sisters. Here is an interesting analogy...

These three beautiful shades of Blackness relate to the water in a well. For example:

The light-skinned brothers and sisters represent the water at the top of the well; the brown-skinned brothers and sisters represent the water in the middle; and the dark-skinned brothers and sisters represent the water at the bottom of the well. It is all water, which means we're all the same. The water at the bottom - represented by the dark-skinned brothers and sisters - is the water that went in first!

The light-skinned brothers and sisters are the surface of a dark, deep well, as the late, great Curtis Mayfield so eloquently put it...

xPeter wrote: Having been on the African Continent much of the last year I can tell you how we were received. Weather in Egypt, Ethiopia, Senegal, or Ghana. Togo, Gambia, or Benin the Black African People considered us brother or sister. The elder would ask "what has taken you so long to come home". Welcome home is what we here even from the Arabs in Egypt. When in southern Egypt were they look llike a Harlem or South Central they point to their skin and say "Nubian...Nubian". I never received as much welcoming from a Black African people as I do when I am in West Africa. Thgey aree so much more healthy physically and mentally than the average African-American. Especially physically.

I am a "Black African-American. A slave descendant. When they ask us overseas if I am from Europe or Jaimaica I say we are Black Africans from America. PT Botha daughter could come to the US and be considered a African American. Black is a distinction. Not to just refer with skin color along but also the mindset and whats in the heart. We define what "BLACK" is not someone else. We know based on our experience and relationship in the world with others.

Black in the english language is an "adjective". There is no "black land". A person's name should reflect land, history, and culture. We are not origins of north or south America. Biological and phenotypically we are African. But a person has a right to disclaim polictically their heritage in place for another.

Hotep

Baba Ahmen:

I know of the neighborhood ["The Prison Gate" community of Black Palestinians?] there along the Crescent strip in Israel. Black Africans are called "Cushee ... Cushee" instead of the "N word" as we have come to hear it in some places around the world.
There is no land mass called "Black Land" There is a Italy for Italians, and a Spain for Spainards but no "Black Land" on the map where I Black African Children can identify.

[But a person has a right to disclaim polictically their heritage in place for another.] Many People of African descent claim they are just "HUMAN" or just "AMERICAN" I for one will not spend time arguing with them no more when one say they were born "Chirstain" or "Jew" or they are just "American"

Yes you do not give energy calling on ancestors and you are using make shift names. That is one reason why nothing nevers happens. "True to our God.. True to our native land" as in Lift every voice. What was the pronounciation of "Our God" "Our land". When you call on the wrong god nothing happens. When you call on the spirtits of an Ancestor and it is not the correct name, nothing happens. Sort of like entering the wrong pin number.

I see more opportunities for Black African-Americans in Africa. There you have true affirmative action. While in Ethiopia in Asum we were going to breakfast at a restaurant early in the morning. When we came to the entrance, we seen that a group of whites were seated inside. The owner ask us to wait a minute and went in and ordered the whites out side to be seated and told us happily to come on in. It was cool that morning, the whites were looking pake but they accepted the situation. They knew they were not in their land. We have experienced similiar circumstances in airports in Togo. It is your land and you make your people comfortable first. I also stand aside for the women of these countries to go first and the elderly.

The ability to return and visit or live back in the land of your ancestors is a issue of reparations. All Black People should have the opportunity to experience what I have. I am moving back.

Hotep

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back